Wolves Get All The Credit

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crawdaddy

Re: Wolves Get All The Credit

Unread postby Crawdaddy » Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Holy moly! Beautiful Buck!

Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:17 pm

Congrats on a great deer
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:21 pm

An absolute beaut with chocolate head gear. Congrats to you sir! :clap:
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:37 am

Congrats, that Is a great northwoods buck!! I feel there are multiple problems "up north" that keep holding the deer herd back, but there is still some great deer to be had up there. The biggest problem in the area we hunt is lack of forestry management. Its like a giant park, very low stem count, find the thick stuff and you usually find deer but you also find predators. The 2nd problem up there is outlaws are in overdrive and without people around (living or up hunting) it is a free for all. The tagging system we now have and the wide spread use of xbows has amplified the outlawing. This also lends itself to what I see as the 3rd largest problem of large gun groups using "private land" doe tags to shoot everything they see on public land. Let me explain, a group of gun hunters will have a set amount of hard to come by public land doe tags, they blast every deer that moves, takes them back to private land and guts them out, then registers them as private land deer which the tags are virtually unlimited. Back out the next day to blast some more, but as long as they never register them as public, they still have the tags. If the warden checks them while out on public they have tags in their pocket to cover them, and if they check them at their cabin they are all registered as private so they always appear to be legal. I have had multiple conversations with the wardens about this and it is very hard for them to enforce. The 4th problem is the large amount of predators, bear numbers seem to be up, bobcat, coyote, and wolves all seem to be growing in numbers. I would love to see some of this corrected in my lifetime but I am not holding my breath.
American_Regular

Unread postby American_Regular » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:15 am

Wow! Amazing buck. Congrats on a successful hunt.

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”