And I was just passing through

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: And I was just passing through

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:24 pm

PK_ wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:
PK_ wrote:
I'll try to clean up my angles and make you enjoy the feet end of the bed. I do stink with a camera, even my new fancy one.

Nah man it was just a joke. After 3 kids and having to pretty much deliver the last one due to the doctor being late ain’t much that bothers me anymore. :lol:

The sunrise pic is fantastic 8-)

I really should put the whole sequence that I took over about 20-30 minutes and I will let the forum judge if I bought the best camera on a phone. Because I sure am not doing anything different in my pic taking (point and shoot, and delete when my finger is in it)

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Matt Gill
500 Club

Unread postby Matt Gill » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Congrats Lou! Good couple days right there
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:20 pm

Nice job Lou! How many guys in your family are named Louie??? :lol:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 am

Wlog wrote:Nice job Lou! How many guys in your family are named Louie??? :lol:

Now that is a great question. Me and cousin Louie are named after our grandfather on our mothers side from MN, who passed in a tragic farm accident in a Blizzard in March ~1953. His name was Louis Foley and both Louie's mom and my mom named us after him. Then we have another Lou, actually he was my mom's cousin, and he is still alive. So I didn't become Uncle Lou until 1998, prior to that I was Louis, but I think people have been calling me Lou for a long time. That is when I met my good friend Tony named me that, it started to stick and when I joined dan's first forum in 2008, I had to have a forum name, just couldn't be lou. I mean only dan can pull that off, right?

So to answer the question, 4.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:02 am

Lou does have a pretty darn good ground game I’d say. As it appeared to me he parked the truck got out the x bow walked 150 yds or so and got his deer. I think it’s one thing to do it when you gotta get in rifle range but he gets in tight on those things. And they have no idea. Uncle Lou is a stone cold killer.

It was really great to see a guy that’s so devoted to his business that he misses out on a lot of hunting time, get a free day and capitalize like that. If the description of the animal matches the tag in his pocket they are in grave danger. And really I admire that. That’s hunting. It wasn’t a big buck but it was still real exciting and rewarding. It was quite a roller coaster tracking the one. It was a good reminder that there’s much more to it all than just big bucks.

I planned on stopping for an hour or maybe two and ended up being in Lou’s hair probably 6 or 7 hrs but we found that dang deer! It wasn’t a bad shot either. Just the way she goes sometimes.

First pair of gutpiles shared but hopefully not the last!
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:15 am

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:Lou does have a pretty darn good ground game I’d say. As it appeared to me he parked the truck got out the x bow walked 150 yds or so and got his deer. I think it’s one thing to do it when you gotta get in rifle range but he gets in tight on those things. And they have no idea. Uncle Lou is a stone cold killer.

It was really great to see a guy that’s so devoted to his business that he misses out on a lot of hunting time, get a free day and capitalize like that. If the description of the animal matches the tag in his pocket they are in grave danger. And really I admire that. That’s hunting. It wasn’t a big buck but it was still real exciting and rewarding. It was quite a roller coaster tracking the one. It was a good reminder that there’s much more to it all than just big bucks.

I planned on stopping for an hour or maybe two and ended up being in Lou’s hair probably 6 or 7 hrs but we found that dang deer! It wasn’t a bad shot either. Just the way she goes sometimes.

First pair of gutpiles shared but hopefully not the last!

Andrew I am so glad that you stopped out and stayed as long as you did. I have met a lot of good people through the BEAST and I will put you right in that group. Thanks for the help, nice meeting you and I got a real good feeling that that will not be the last time that you see me in the U P. Thanks for the kind words as well. After speaking with you I think you have a bright future in the big buck hunting arena.

Oh and one cut up and one to go before I get back out after it.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:20 am

Uncle Lou wrote:

Now that is a great question. Me and cousin Louie are named after our grandfather on our mothers side from MN, who passed in a tragic farm accident in a Blizzard in March ~1953. His name was Louis Foley and both Louie's mom and my mom named us after him. Then we have another Lou, actually he was my mom's cousin, and he is still alive. So I didn't become Uncle Lou until 1998, prior to that I was Louis, but I think people have been calling me Lou for a long time. That is when I met my good friend Tony named me that, it started to stick and when I joined dan's first forum in 2008, I had to have a forum name, just couldn't be lou. I mean only dan can pull that off, right?

Cool. My wife’s nickname is actually Lou believe it or not. Her friends from high school and her family all call her Lou.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:22 am

Wlog wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:

Cool. My wife’s nickname is actually Lou believe it or not. Her friends from high school and her family all call her Lou.

Oh, I had an aunt Mary Lou, she was my Godmother. She passed of cancer in 09, she was so cool. My mom had 4 sisters and a brother, and Aunt Mary Lou was just a cool person
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 pm

Almost started a new thread for the part I almost enjoy as much. The hanging, the skinning, the cutting them up, the neighbors stopping over, maybe a busch light.

Shootem and eatem.

Skinning, see Andrew was right, it wasn't a bad hit. Almost lost this one too.

In the box. Weather is great for hanging, but I need to get this done.
Swamp Beast

Unread postby Swamp Beast » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:23 am

Very unflattering pictures, Lou (Besides the sunset). ;) Great job! :clap: 8-)
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:17 pm

Swamp Beast wrote:Very unflattering pictures, Lou (Besides the sunset). ;) Great job! :clap: 8-)

What about the frog? Pretty cool, eh (that's what they say in the U P).
Swamp Beast

Unread postby Swamp Beast » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
Swamp Beast wrote:Very unflattering pictures, Lou (Besides the sunset). ;) Great job! :clap: 8-)

What about the frog? Pretty cool, eh (that's what they say in the U P).

Oh yeah, he's cool. Very sexy camo 8-)
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:59 pm

Spectacular!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:58 am

That’s awesome! Congratulations
Prairie Sasquatch
500 Club

Unread postby Prairie Sasquatch » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:25 am

The freezer is getting stacked!

I also like that your garage looks to be in the same state of organization as mine. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”