Do mature bucks fight over secure bedding?

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

thwack16
500 Club

Re: Do mature bucks fight over secure bedding?

Unread postby thwack16 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Awesome buck bud! Love the outside the box thinking!

As for the fighting, I’m not sure what my thoughts are.

I’d suggest it may not be as much fighting over the bedding area as it is a primary bedding area and good bucks just end up there together more often resulting in fights. Could be that it’s a perfect hidey hole for a doe and buck to bed while she’s in heat and that’s resulted in other bucks there to fight.

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Re: Do mature bucks fight over secure bedding?

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:13 pm

thwack16 wrote:Awesome buck bud! Love the outside the box thinking!

As for the fighting, I’m not sure what my thoughts are.

I’d suggest it may not be as much fighting over the bedding area as it is a primary bedding area and good bucks just end up there together more often resulting in fights. Could be that it’s a perfect hidey hole for a doe and buck to bed while she’s in heat and that’s resulted in other bucks there to fight.

Yeah that's a very good possibility. And I really don't know enough about the spot. Tuesday afternoon was only the second time I had been in it. I know I want to give the spot another try, to see if there are more deer just out of my view. Ive been thinking on it and I could have killed a satellite buck. I think there is also a strong possibility that my bucks other broken antler is near where I killed him. I want to search and hopefully find it, but would like to burn it out hunting it first. I've still got one more bonus buck tag and wouldn't think twice about using it my very next trip in there.

Hail state, bamas refs cheated us, glad I was hunting instead of watching that game!
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”