Michigan success

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ack

Re: Michigan success

Unread postby Ack » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Great buck Andy....congratulations! :clap:

muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:57 pm

Bingo, Yahtzee, Uno, or whatever you hollar at winning the game, that thing is a TimberPig! :handgestures-thumbup:
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Nice buck!! You are a killer. How was that buck getting around all the hunters in Michigan to get that old?Was he surviving in a small over looked spot?

I would say that this area on average has less hunters than your typical area in Michigan. Don’t get me wrong there is lots of pressure but probably one of the lower pressure areas that I hunt around here. I say this because they’re always seems to be one buck to chase around that is four years old or older and then maybe a couple other decent ones. I think there are a fair bit of people in this area that are passing two-year-old bucks as well which makes a huge difference.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:58 pm

PredatorTC wrote:Just awesome man! Love it! For the sake of learning, if you have more time, can you tell us a little about the setup and bedding and how the deer were using it?

Your a killer! For anyone that has not checked out your wired to hunt article, they need to do it!

I would like to say I was going in after this particular Buck on this day but I wasn’t. I was actually going after a different one. I have known about this buck for several years but, because historically he didn’t frequent in that area until December I didn’t really plan on encountering him until possibly then. The stand was located in between two bedding areas that do occasionally hold a good buck. Connecting them is a large overgrown field. The weeds are high enough to hold an entire deer in some areas. There is a spot in the field that is much lower than the rest in the landscape gradually tapers down to one low point. That low point in the weeds is a very common spot for a buck to bed and I believe might’ve been where this buck came from giving the travel direction. Another guy killed a great buck out of that bed a few years ago. So I guess you could say I was within 200 yards or less of three really good buck bedding areas.
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am

PK_ wrote:YASSSS!

Man that buck is sweet. Congrats.

P.s. could the broadhead have been loose?

Could’ve been man. I tried to replicate it the very next day to make sure it never happens again and none of the broadheads whistled. The fletching seem to be good as well. I don’t know but it sounded like a bottle rocket taking off and the buck reacted so fast it was amazing.
Brian1986

Unread postby Brian1986 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:42 am

What a great heavy old buck. So cool when you have years of history with a deer. Congratulations
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:14 am

Spectacular! :dance:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Mossyhorns

Unread postby Mossyhorns » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:15 am

muddy wrote:Bingo, Yahtzee, Uno, or whatever you hollar at winning the game, that thing is a TimberPig! :handgestures-thumbup:

TIMBER PIG man thats an awesome name for that buck
Yeah, well....sometimes nothin can be a real cool hand.
-Cool Hand Luke
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:43 am

Great buck, Andy!
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:04 am

I’ve been waiting to read the story. Congrats again sir
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:39 am

Awesome buck! Congrats!
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:46 am

Wow stud Michigan buck!! Congrats!
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
OZARKHUNTER88

Unread postby OZARKHUNTER88 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:00 am

What a SLOB! Congrats man :dance:
mnswamphunter

Unread postby mnswamphunter » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:33 am

Congrats :clap:
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:03 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:Just awesome man! Love it! For the sake of learning, if you have more time, can you tell us a little about the setup and bedding and how the deer were using it?

Your a killer! For anyone that has not checked out your wired to hunt article, they need to do it!

I would like to say I was going in after this particular Buck on this day but I wasn’t. I was actually going after a different one. I have known about this buck for several years but, because historically he didn’t frequent in that area until December I didn’t really plan on encountering him until possibly then. The stand was located in between two bedding areas that do occasionally hold a good buck. Connecting them is a large overgrown field. The weeds are high enough to hold an entire deer in some areas. There is a spot in the field that is much lower than the rest in the landscape gradually tapers down to one low point. That low point in the weeds is a very common spot for a buck to bed and I believe might’ve been where this buck came from giving the travel direction. Another guy killed a great buck out of that bed a few years ago. So I guess you could say I was within 200 yards or less of three really good buck bedding areas.

Awesome! Thank you

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”