Michigan success

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

NYBackcountry
500 Club

Re: Michigan success

Unread postby NYBackcountry » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:33 am

Awesome buck Andy, congrats.

U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Wow! Awesome!
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 am

DUDE! That deer is awesome - AWESOME!
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 am

Yeah that's a real beast!!!
First Sit

Unread postby First Sit » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 am

PredatorTC wrote:
Ridgerunner7 wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:Just awesome man! Love it! For the sake of learning, if you have more time, can you tell us a little about the setup and bedding and how the deer were using it?

Your a killer! For anyone that has not checked out your wired to hunt article, they need to do it!

I would like to say I was going in after this particular Buck on this day but I wasn’t. I was actually going after a different one. I have known about this buck for several years but, because historically he didn’t frequent in that area until December I didn’t really plan on encountering him until possibly then. The stand was located in between two bedding areas that do occasionally hold a good buck. Connecting them is a large overgrown field. The weeds are high enough to hold an entire deer in some areas. There is a spot in the field that is much lower than the rest in the landscape gradually tapers down to one low point. That low point in the weeds is a very common spot for a buck to bed and I believe might’ve been where this buck came from giving the travel direction. Another guy killed a great buck out of that bed a few years ago. So I guess you could say I was within 200 yards or less of three really good buck bedding areas.

Awesome buck. I love the mass on him.

Out of curiousity did you have a good hunch, pictures, observation, or past experience that made you select that location to chase your target buck in those bedding locations at the time you hunted it? I think most guys would have avoided hunting spots like that until pre rut and rut. Assuming those bedding areas were primary bedding shared by does as well.
AfootTrack56

Unread postby AfootTrack56 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:58 am

What a bruiser! Good job!
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

I love that rack. I dig mass and he’s got it. Congratulations on finally catching up to him.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:28 am

What a stud! Congrats man! You get it done multiple times a year. Impressive for sure. Would love to read your Wired to Hunt article if someone can link to it.
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:32 am

What a BEAST! Congrats on an amazing buck!
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:42 am

That’s awesome congrats man!! Michigan Monarch
Earn what’s never given.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Congrats Andy, not suprising that I have been away from deer hunting for a while and return to see that you tagged a brute 8-)

I can't even attempt to describe how awesome it is Andy consistently knocks down mega bucks in a state where they are as hard to come by as anywhere, and often at times like mid-October were all sorts of know-it-alls say it can't be done. Congrats again buddy.

Only thing that would make an arrow whistle abnormally would be like a piece of grass or maybe a clump of dirt caught in the broadhed, or a fletching was loose. Since you said the fletchings were OK my guess was a piece of grass was caught on the head or something like that, had to have been something. I see the exit and entry wounds in the pics looks like he zigged when he should have zagged, must have been on his 9th life already!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”