PredatorTC September 2015 Kill

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sbsfarms

Re: PredatorTC September 2015 Kill

Unread postby sbsfarms » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Congrats! Great buck.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

wickedbruiser
500 Club

Unread postby wickedbruiser » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 am

Nice buck! Congrats

[ Post made via Android ] Image
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 am

Congrats TC!
Bow_Badger

Unread postby Bow_Badger » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 am

Great buck congrats

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:38 am

Man I love reading these success threads - keeps motivating me to work even harder at my approach to hunting these mature bucks. Great job/nice buck.
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:48 am

Good job, nice to tell the story the way it happened, it's not always double lung and he is down.

I have had target panic bad, had to switch to a longbow to get over it, it's no fun to have it.

Way to go!!

Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:01 am

Congrats!
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 am

Spysar wrote:Nice job TC. I always admire your hunts.

I have a question though. And this is directed at anyone who films.

I see a lot of poor shots on film. Is it worth it to put the deer in agony just so you can make a film??? I think filming is the cause of many poor shots, and the term "lets back out till morning"

Not directed at you TC, just food for thought on filming in general..........

I don't know if that's true or not... Probably to a small degree, I think its not "cause" the guys are filming that they force bad shots, I think most of those shots would of been taken regardless camera or not... But, when I 1st started filming, I can remember trying to force some shots on film and having bad results... I corrected those issues and think most others would too... You almost have to if you want to share film cause everyone out there who was not on the hunt is a critic.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:11 am

Congrats again Joe! 8-)
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:24 am

dan wrote:

I see a lot of poor shots on film. Is it worth it to put the deer in agony just so you can make a film??? I think filming is the cause of many poor shots, and the term "lets back out till morning"

I don't know if that's true or not... Probably to a small degree, I think its not "cause" the guys are filming that they force bad shots, I think most of those shots would of been taken regardless camera or not... But, when I 1st started filming, I can remember trying to force some shots on film and having bad results... I corrected those issues and think most others would too... You almost have to if you want to share film cause everyone out there who was not on the hunt is a critic.

I wish I didn't put that on TC's thread.

He's an awesome hunter, and avid filmer. I admire his hunting and filming skills. Sorry bro...
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 am

Congrats TC! Great buck!

I know exactly what you mean by having a lot of respect for an animal that you put in that situation. It's an unfortunate part of hunting that occasionally happens, but all we can do is use those experiences to help us grow as hunters and try as best we can to avoid those situations in the future.

I've battled with target panic and it definitely seems to be worse when you have to bleat stop a deer since it feels like a clock is ticking down and you need to act fast. You should check out the Carter "Squeeze Me" release http://www.carterenterprises.com/releases/resistance-activated/squeeze-me. It's a back tension release but not like your typical one. I used it to teach me how to properly squeeze a release and it has helped me tremendously. You wouldn't use it in a hunting situation, just for breaking your target panic.

I think if you're like me and a lot of other guys, I was never taught the proper way to shoot a bow. I've been shooting since as long as I can remember but I was just handed a bow and shown how to anchor, put the pin on and squeeze the trigger. It wasn't until recently that I learned how to shoot by squeezing my shoulder blades through the shot. It's definitely helped boost my confidence as well.

Anyways, congrats again and I'm sure it's a great feeling to punch your tag when you have so many other things going on in your life. :clap:
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:52 am

Way to go TC. Glad you stuck with it and got it done!
feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:20 am

Congrats tc

PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 am

Spysar wrote:
dan wrote:

I wish I didn't put that on TC's thread.

He's an awesome hunter, and avid filmer. I admire his hunting and filming skills. Sorry bro...

Not a big deal. You brought it up respectfully and that's more than I can say for most. As I've said in the past, I don't post up my kills to get the "atta boys" I post because I feel like people can learn from me or any hunt for that matter. EVERY single hunt can be and should be broken down and picked apart and analyzed. This is what makes up better. Knowing what we did well and repeating it and knowing what we failed at so that we never do it again is essential to any hunter that wants to be successful. I absolutely encourage this type of conversation in all of my threads.

To address your initial question, I do not think that it made a difference in my case and I mentally set myself to make sure that it never happens. Do I think it could happen? Maybe? I think that the only thing it does it take some of my focus away maximizing my chance of being spotted by the deer with extra movements or not getting the shot at all. Once the string anchors on my face, I'm locked in the zone and completely forget about the camera. My error was the target panic which I actually get while shooting at my bag target sometimes too. I try so hard to squeeze the trigger at the right time that I anticipate it and flinch and send the arrow out into the yard. I defiantly need to work on addressing that. My filming skills are improving though ;)
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:45 am

Great job PTC!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”