PredatorTC September 2015 Kill

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Unchained

Re: PredatorTC September 2015 Kill

Unread postby Unchained » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:28 am

Nice hunt. If you want help and are in the Milwaukee area I'd be willing to show you a few things that i did to help my cousin overcome his target panic.

PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:23 am

I'm impressed by all of the people willing to help me with target panic. Thank you to you all. The plan is to start shooting at a round bale by standing really close and just focusing on "SQUEEEEZZZINGG" the trigger slowly with my eyes closed. I've had this problem in the past and did this and it seemed to solve it. Ill try this and if it does not work, I will try other things and refer back to this post.
chasemukluk

Unread postby chasemukluk » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:41 pm

TC, great buck and thanks for sharing the story. I enjoy following your posts.

As for target panic, I do not believe a blank bale by itself will help. You need to bridge that blank bale feel to a shot where you are actually aiming. Aiming is what causes your panic, because you feel like you have to "hit" the trigger now and you can't stand to let you pin float off that spot without hitting that trigger.

1. Shoot a blank bale so you can feel a "good" shot and "bad" shot. Remember each of these so you can identify them when aiming later on.

2. Set up a target, WITH SOMETHING TO AIM AT. My suggestion is to make the spot BIG, so you will hit it every time. Shoot at a closer distance, say 10-20 yards so you know you will hit that spot every time. Shoot that BIG GIANT spot for a few days. Get used to your pin floating around that big spot and keep track of your "good" shots and "bad" shots. A "good" shot IS NOT one that hits the spot. A "good" shot is one that feels like a good shot. If you start to see an area of the BIG spot you can aim at, switch the big spot out and put a new one up.

3. After a few days, and every shot is a "good" feeling shot. Say a whole days worth of shots. Make a new spot to aim at a little smaller. Still pretty big. Repeat the process keeping track of "good" shots and "bad" shots. Again, once you have a whole day of shots where every shot is "good", repeat the process with a little smaller spot to aim at. Etc, Etc.

4. Once you complete the process, and don't rush through it, you will be a better shooter, and you will realize that you will be VERY comfortable having your pin floating around the spot you are aiming at. You actually won't even think about releasing the arrow, as you will only be thinking about executing a good shot.

5. I dealt with a good bout of TP a few years ago, ended up switching to a hinge release, worked through the process above and I am shooting better than I ever had before. I actually do this to "reset" my shot process a couple times per year. I actually started shooting my hinge release for hunting as well last year and shot my best buck with a bow. It was the best feeling shot I ever made on a live animal, I just aimed and aimed and bang, off my arrow went.

PM me if you have any questions as I would love to help.

Happy hunting and congrats on a nice buck!
sunset samurai

Unread postby sunset samurai » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:50 pm

PredatorTC wrote:I'm impressed by all of the people willing to help me with target panic. Thank you to you all. The plan is to start shooting at a round bale by standing really close and just focusing on "SQUEEEEZZZINGG" the trigger slowly with my eyes closed. I've had this problem in the past and did this and it seemed to solve it. Ill try this and if it does not work, I will try other things and refer back to this post.

Thats exactly what I love about this site. Iv left other forums because everyone bickers, belitfles, and act as if they have something to prove. Here everyone wants to help as much as possible, truely a different class of folks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:33 am

Congrats

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:50 am

Joe,

Congrats on the buck, on your professionalism, and on your degree. Good job man.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:53 am

Way to go, TC. You do it year after year, a true beast example.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:30 am

Congratulations
Timmy

Unread postby Timmy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:41 pm

:clap: nice buck!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”