My November 7th buck

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Whitetailhunter12
Facebook: greendayfan_756@hotmail.com

My November 7th buck

Unread postby Whitetailhunter12 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:08 pm

Just thought I'd share my story about my bow buck from this year. So here it is I didnt get a lot of time for scouting this year considering I wanted to try hunting more public land and I didn't ask for permission to hunt the piece of property I've been hunting since I started hunting until about a month in to the season after siting on public land with little success as I am just starting to hunt public. So then I hear about a decent 8 pointer that has been seen roaming around the area that I hunted on private so I decided to ask for permission and headed out out there without scouting the peice of land at all. So the first day I sat out I grabbed my lone wolf went to the bedding area and exact tree I shot my first bow buck out of the year before. Turned out to be a very active day I ended up seeing 6 does and two bucks a small 6 and a small 4 by about 4:30 pm but no sign of the 8 pointer so as my day wound down I hear some crunching in the brush and a few grunts well this was two weeks before I harvested him so I was a little confused by the grunting cause I didn't think the deer where rutting yet but anyways he never showed up so I packed up and left. So the next weekend I decided to try the same spot again thinking I must be close to his bed and maybe he'll come out so I sat in the same spot with pretty much the same result as the weekend before except this time I had a doe come in right at dark and walk into the brush to the right of me and soon as she did this I picked up his movement right where he was laying about 25 yards from me and couldn't get a shot and it got to dark so I sat for a quite awhile and packed up disappointed and headed home. So this brings me to Friday nov 7 I was at work and the boss is big into hunting and the rut movement was really active and we where slow at work so the boss let us get done early so I jumped in my car drove out to the woods knowing there was a cold front and rainy/snowy weather coming in and headed out but this time I decided to try something different so I set up about 30 yards from where I was sitting before thinking maybe he's hearing me come in or smelling me. Well at first I second guessed myself cause I sat for three hours without a single movement and it was about 10 mins from dark so I decided to try grunting a few times figuring it wouldnt hurt. Well much to my surprise about a minute later I hear a crunch and here comes the 8 pointer darting right towards me I barely had enough time to react he came in so fast so he comes out from behind some brush decided to stop and look around well unfortunately for him I made a perfect double lung shot at 12 yards and he only made it about 20 yards I was so excited about harvesting him I didnt realize dragging a 175 lb deer about a quarter mile through the mud and rain was gunna be so hard but still ended up being an incredible day I'll never forget.
Imageh
ImageImageImage

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Last edited by Whitetailhunter12 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost Hunter

Re: My November 7th buck

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 pm

:clap: :clap:
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:42 pm

:clap:
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:46 am

Nice job man!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:52 am

:clap: :clap:
Let's go Brandon!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 am

Nice! :dance:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dkoy85

Unread postby dkoy85 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 am

Sweet success :dance:
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:50 am

Dandy buck.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:03 am

:clap:

Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:45 am

Good job, congratulations! :clap:
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:48 am

Nice buck nothing like that feeling.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”