my turkey season

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

my turkey season

Unread postby kurt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:42 pm

2014 Turkey 3rd period WI Run & Gun

Run and Gun in Hill country is so much fun. Leave the decoys behind grab a call or 2 and go. Was trying to help my brother get this one but the hen busted him. Being that it was last day for us, I rolled out from a tree and Shot this beautiful bird at 48-50 steps as it was getting out of their. I didn't weigh it but had a 9.5 in beard and 1in spurs. The bird was at one time 20 or so yards from my brother but just didn't clear the pine row so he couldn't shoot. We had a great few days chasing birds and had more then are share of close calls. I let one tom go first morning because calling them off the roost isn't what I wanted to do with my tag and maybe my brother would get it.

2nd bird Bow fiddling a shotgun

Well I was going to use a bow for this tag but everytime Id take it nothing. Grab the shotgun and the birds dance in front like its nobody's business. So it was getting late in the period. Me and my friend hadn't got one yet. I had a few jakes come in... And I really wanted a Jake fan for behind my decoy. I have extra tom fans and I have a jake fan that is really beat up. So I took this jake and man he is going to taste good and look good behind a decoy.

my new decoy fan

Next tag tasted so good but no actual meat was brought to the table so with my last opportunity to go I opted to get a few of these instead.

BigHunt

Re: my turkey season

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:53 pm

8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Nice Bird! :clap:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
HoosierG5
500 Club

Unread postby HoosierG5 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Congrats! Nothing like rolling out some turkeys in the springtime!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”