First white wolf.

Share and Showcase your hunting success stories.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Re: First white wolf.

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 am

Don't get me wrong I think you should try and hunt the crap out of them......I just don't think you could ever wipe them out up by you because of such a vast area they live in. I believe you agree with this...

It's not that I am a big anti wolf guy but we just have way too many here in the states for the land capicity to hold. My personal belief is it should be a rare occurance to have a wolf encounter here in the states.....that is not the case in the last 5-10 years. We need to thin these buggers out.

Wish I had my computer from home with me now.......have tons of wolf trail camera pictures when I was bear baiting last year. Another subject WI has screwed up.....I waited 10 years inbetween tbear kill tags. :roll:

Couple trail camera pictures from last winter that I have on this computer.....

Scouting deer last winter I could have shot 2 of the 3 that hang in this area. Walked with-in 50-60 yards of them before they blew out. Would have been a great rifle shot if I had one with and a tag available.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:28 am

That is a tremendous trophy to my thinking. I know of lots of buys that have killed 170 inch bucks. Not very many have killed a wolf. White wolf to boot.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Exophysical

Unread postby Exophysical » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:59 am

Stanley wrote:That is a tremendous trophy to my thinking. I know of lots of buys that have killed 170 inch bucks. Not very many have killed a wolf. White wolf to boot.

Thanks Stanley, to be honest I wasn't that excited about it when I first shot the wolf, had it not been a white one I probably would have left it there except that wasting the hide of a fur bearer is illegal in Alberta. Even with it being a white one I brought the skin home intending to give it away, now that I've talked to a few more people about it I'm starting to realise how rare it is, even in Alberta, to get a white wolf. The winter is a buisy time for me but I'm going to try to get out and do some more wolf hunting this winter.

I'm going to get it tanned and hang it on the wall, I haven't decided yet if I will get any taxidermy done to the head or not. Its pretty much four times the cost of a simple tanning job.
They say millwrights can fix anything except a broken heart, but I've even got a tool that can do that!

• Advertisement

Return to “Kill Zone”