McAAP

This section of the forum is for people looking to trade or swap hunts, services, or equipment, in exchange for other hunts, services, or equipment.

EXAMPLE: Taxidermist willing to trade deer head mount for deer hunt in Midwest.

**Hunts for sale by outfitters need to be put in the outfitter section of the forum.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigCedarJack
500 Club

McAAP

Unread postby BigCedarJack » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Would anyone be interested in joining up in the future to putting in on the McAAP draw hunts with me and my hunting buddy?

DaveT1963
500 Club

Re: McAAP

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:03 am

I would definitely be interested - I put in every year - no luck yet
BigCedarJack
500 Club

Unread postby BigCedarJack » Mon May 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Wow, I totally missed this reply. Please accept my apologies. I just PM'd you.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:38 am

I will be putting in for MCAAP this year with a friend that’s gone in the past. Would love to hear from anyone that has drawn about their past experience(s) there. Seems to be a very feast/famine type hunt considering the limited amount of scouting you’re able to do.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
Bonehead

Unread postby Bonehead » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:54 am

Wannabelikedan wrote:I will be putting in for MCAAP this year with a friend that’s gone in the past. Would love to hear from anyone that has drawn about their past experience(s) there. Seems to be a very feast/famine type hunt considering the limited amount of scouting you’re able to do.

I’ve went a couple of times, I drew deer creek both times. I saw some slammers the first time, but couldn’t get into recurve range. The 2nd time temperatures were over 80 degrees and didn’t see much.
Very fun hunt. You can rent a camper if you don’t have one already.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 am

Bonehead wrote:
Wannabelikedan wrote:I will be putting in for MCAAP this year with a friend that’s gone in the past. Would love to hear from anyone that has drawn about their past experience(s) there. Seems to be a very feast/famine type hunt considering the limited amount of scouting you’re able to do.

I’ve went a couple of times, I drew deer creek both times. I saw some slammers the first time, but couldn’t get into recurve range. The 2nd time temperatures were over 80 degrees and didn’t see much.

What weeks did you draw? How would go about scouting considering you only have roughly half a day to do it? Cyber scouting can only be so exact. You still need to put boots on the ground and burning up your designated area the day prior seems counterproductive. November weekends seem best considering you don’t have the time to get personal with the area. And yes none of this even matters til when or if you’re drawn. :lol:
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Never heard of it. Looks like a great time, I'm considering
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Bonehead

Unread postby Bonehead » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:40 am

Wannabelikedan wrote:
Bonehead wrote:

What weeks did you draw? How would go about scouting considering you only have roughly half a day to do it? Cyber scouting can only be so exact. You still need to put boots on the ground and burning up your designated area the day prior seems counterproductive. November weekends seem best considering you don’t have the time to get personal with the area. And yes none of this even matters til when or if you’re drawn. :lol:

I went next to last week in early November .
I believe when you get your confirmation that you have drawn out, you will also be told what area. There are 4 areas total, but I believe it’s called bear trap is in the center and rarely gets to get hunted. If they ask for volunteers always volunteer cause I saw 4 guys that volunteered for some work helping out and got to hunt there.
If you draw deer creek I can show you where I hunted and saw some good bucks, but that was 6 or 7 years ago.
I walked transitions, creek crossings and just tried to find pinches since it’s a rut hunt. My hunting partner hunted leeward side of ridges and saw a couple nice bucks but they were out of recurve range.
Last time I was there if you killed a doe, hog, bob cat or a buck over 115” you got to come back the next year. They have a new manager now so it might have changed.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Sun May 06, 2018 5:07 am

Bonehead wrote:
Wannabelikedan wrote:
Bonehead wrote:

I believe when you get your confirmation that you have drawn out, you will also be told what area. There are 4 areas total, but I believe it’s called bear trap is in the center and rarely gets to get hunted. If they ask for volunteers always volunteer cause I saw 4 guys that volunteered for some work helping out and got to hunt there.
If you draw deer creek I can show you where I hunted and saw some good bucks, but that was 6 or 7 years ago.
I walked transitions, creek crossings and just tried to find pinches since it’s a rut hunt. My hunting partner hunted leeward side of ridges and saw a couple nice bucks but they were out of recurve range.
Last time I was there if you killed a doe, hog, bob cat or a buck over 115” you got to come back the next year. They have a new manager now so it might have changed.

Put in for the first weekend in November since that was the only weekend I had vaca for. The first weekend in October is the handicapped hunt so that got scratched. Should be fun if we get drawn though. That first 10 days of November are my favorite rut hunt days.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:21 am

I put in for for first week of Nov
Bonehead

Unread postby Bonehead » Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 am

Wannabelikedan wrote:
Bonehead wrote:
Wannabelikedan wrote:
Bonehead wrote:

Put in for the first weekend in November since that was the only weekend I had vaca for. The first weekend in October is the handicapped hunt so that got scratched. Should be fun if we get drawn though. That first 10 days of November are my favorite rut hunt days.

Lets us know if you get drawn!
That week is really hard to draw, just keep putting in every year and you will get in eventually.
Look forward to hearing about it.

• Advertisement

Return to “SWAP & TRADE HUNTS”