Want to hunt Iowa?

This section of the forum is for people looking to trade or swap hunts, services, or equipment, in exchange for other hunts, services, or equipment.

EXAMPLE: Taxidermist willing to trade deer head mount for deer hunt in Midwest.

**Hunts for sale by outfitters need to be put in the outfitter section of the forum.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

venisonassassin
500 Club

Re: Want to hunt Iowa?

Unread postby venisonassassin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Stanley wrote:
venisonassassin wrote:I hunted Iowa last fall, we had a blast. Yes the tag was pricey but the hunting was good and the camaraderie was priceless. The cost of the tag was quickly forgotten. The deer are far less spooky compared to WI.

How did you do?

Three guys, tagged out. Nothing to brag about size wise. There was a bit of a learning curve since none of us were real experienced with hill country. I was hoping for a 3 1/2 yo or better, toward the end of the week I took a 2 1/2 yo. Good times.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:50 pm

venisonassassin wrote:
Stanley wrote:
venisonassassin wrote:I hunted Iowa last fall, we had a blast. Yes the tag was pricey but the hunting was good and the camaraderie was priceless. The cost of the tag was quickly forgotten. The deer are far less spooky compared to WI.

How did you do?

Three guys, tagged out. Nothing to brag about size wise. There was a bit of a learning curve since none of us were real experienced with hill country. I was hoping for a 3 1/2 yo or better, toward the end of the week I took a 2 1/2 yo. Good times.

I always try and point that out. If you are a flat lander those hills can be tough. Sounds like you had fun anyway.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 am

Stanley wrote:
venisonassassin wrote:
Stanley wrote:

How did you do?

I always try and point that out. If you are a flat lander those hills can be tough. Sounds like you had fun anyway.
sounds like a dream :L:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:18 am

Spysar wrote:[

Easy to say that stuff when your from Iowa or Wisconsin! :mrgreen:

It's real easy when you have $$$$$$ and hunt 5 states a year :think:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:15 am

BigHunt wrote:
Spysar wrote:[

Easy to say that stuff when your from Iowa or Wisconsin! :mrgreen:

It's real easy when you have $$$$$$ and hunt 5 states a year :think:

I'm sure Spy won't even blink an eye at the egging on. He's already explained his stance and sacrifices through the year (in past threads) to have an opportunity to put himself in a position to hunt like a mad man...

Nice try though - must be summertime:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “SWAP & TRADE HUNTS”