South Central WI Taxidermist?

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

South Central WI Taxidermist?

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm looking for a good whitetail taxidermist in South Central WI, madison area in particular. Other animal skills (e.g. birds, varmints) are a plus. I've seen some local work and haven't been overly impressed with what I have seen thus far. Any recommendations? I'd rather pay extra $ for something perfect rather than save and have to stare at something not-so-perfect on the wall for the rest of my life.

- Shawn

Mountain Man
500 Club

Re: South Central WI Taxidermist?

Unread postby Mountain Man » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:00 am

I highly recommend Brian Olson. He's in Platteville which would be a little drive for you but definitely worth it if you want really good deer, birds, and other mammals. He is full time and a former World and State Champion. He is one of the 3 sculptors that created the Competitor's Chioce line of deer shoulder mount manikins for Matuska Taxidermy Supply. His prices are likely higher than most but his work is worth it. Brian excels at deer, other gameheads, and birds. I think you should take a ltittle time and go check him out.

Olson's Taxidermy
6676 Platte Road
Platteville, WI 53818-9655
(608) 348-4019

Here is a link to some pictures of his customer deer and birds. Check the caption below each picture to find his.
http://www.walnuthollow.com/taxidermygallery.aspx

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”