Registered mounts

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vermonthunter16
500 Club

Re: Registered mounts

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:07 am

Gonna have to register sheds next... Could be used as a deadly weapon! :roll:

-Rick
Rich M
500 Club

Re: Registered mounts

Unread postby Rich M » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:55 am

I'm from CT originally, spent 26 yrs as a resident. You have no idea how liberal these folks are - think NY City and California. Krazy liberal.

Let me give an example - I'm walking along a dirt road along the edge a salt marsh on the eastern end of Long Island Sound at a public hunting area in Stonington, CT. Have just driven 70 miles each way to shoot 1 black duck (what was legal). Walking back with gun upside down over shoulder, holding barrel. See a family - father, wife, child. They get about 50 feet from me and the guy spots me. He immediately gets in front of his family, throws the kid behind the wife - starts waving his hands in the air yelling "Don't shoot, we are people!" I was completely taken aback by this display and really didn't have many words for them. "Yah, I see you" or something similar came out. The guy continued to turn his family to maintain protection as I walked by. He then watched me walk away, having them run down to the next bend in the road once I was 50 yards away or so. That's pretty much what you are dealing with and I am not surprised that they may enact some kind of law to prohibit the import of African trophies.

I don't know if you can hunt on Sundays yet - it was a fishing day in my time. Had to have a CCP to have a gun with you. Now they have a registration law on the books.

The whole idea of protecting animals on other continents is part of the idiocy of it all. Mind your own flipping business!

They are doing stuff like that down here in FL to protect black bears - we have a bunch of them. Put out a feeder N of Lakeland and you'll probably get some bear pictures sooner or later. Various city councils have passed rulings to ban bear hunting - even down around Fort Meyers! Bleeding heart liberals is an understatement. These are the same folks who used to be up in NY and CT, so it should be no surprise. FL rednecks are conservative in political ideas - the imports from liberal states are ruining the landscape down here.

What I always think of is that I would like to see this kind of energy put into reducing child & spousal abuse and such.

They could care less about people than some critter they seen a cartoon of - Now showing Lion King 17 - Cecil meets Simba the XXV.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”