Registered mounts

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tufrthnails
500 Club

Registered mounts

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:18 am

Just seen this on another forum:

CONNECTICUT: LAW REQUIRES HUNTERS TO REGISTER TAXIDERMY

On April 19th, SB 227 passed both the Environment and the Judicial Committee and is headed for the Senate Floor.

The bill makes it a felony to possess certain African trophies (Big 5). If a hunter owns such an animal prior to the effective date of SB. 227, they will be required to Register their Taxidermy with the State of Connecticut. Failure to Register will result in a Felony Conviction, $10,000 fine, and up to two years in Prison.

There is no provision for animals taken legally after the effective date. Any hunter bringing a Big 5 trophy into the State of Connecticut - regardless of whether they have legally obtained a CITES permit – will be charged with a Felony and be subjected to fines and imprisonment.

The list of animals is limited today, but we fully expect to see North American Game animals added to the list in the future including Polar Bear, Grizzly Bear, Brown Bear, Desert Sheep, Wolves, and other game animals deemed “Trophies” by the Connecticut Legislature.

Tuf- The below average hunting beast
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Registered mounts

Unread postby dan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:32 am

Thats insane! Hopefully the people behind creating and signing these bills are held accountable by the people.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:33 am

Ridiculous! A felony! Clearly an attack on hunters.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:35 am

I agree Dan. Not sure how well it would stand up in count since anything brought in is covered under Federal import laws. But I would be looking for another state to live in if I lived in Connecticut. I've decided if your state begins with a C you are safe I will not ever live there!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:43 am

Tufrthnails wrote:I agree Dan. Not sure how well it would stand up in count since anything brought in is covered under Federal import laws. But I would be looking for another state to live in if I lived in Connecticut. I've decided if your state begins with a C you are safe I will not ever live there!

Well, you need to make a choice if your a hunter or gun owner in that state... Stand up and fight, leave, or bow down and give up...

Personally, I would be on a mission to make every person behind that bill pay for there actions...
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:10 am

dan wrote:
Tufrthnails wrote:I agree Dan. Not sure how well it would stand up in count since anything brought in is covered under Federal import laws. But I would be looking for another state to live in if I lived in Connecticut. I've decided if your state begins with a C you are safe I will not ever live there!

Well, you need to make a choice if your a hunter or gun owner in that state... Stand up and fight, leave, or bow down and give up...

Personally, I would be on a mission to make every person behind that bill pay for there actions...

I can see that point as well. I was thinking more of a mass exodus from the state in revolt hurting their tax revenues. Although It probably wouldn't hurt that much since it is a liberal breeding ground anyways. Maybe we could advertise free property with no guns and then build a wall around the state!! Here's your Utopia lets see how long you live!
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:42 am

:shock:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:47 am

I'm digging in the bill a little more. There were two versions A and B. A passed. B Failed. The difference: To: Subst. Senate Bill No. 227

File No. 430

Cal. No. 288

"AN ACT CONCERNING CECIL'S LAW. "

In line 9, after "product" insert ", that is the result of an illegal poaching or harvest"
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:45 am

Crazy.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:32 am

Tufrthnails wrote:I'm digging in the bill a little more. There were two versions A and B. A passed. B Failed. The difference: To: Subst. Senate Bill No. 227

File No. 430

Cal. No. 288

In line 9, after "product" insert ", that is the result of an illegal poaching or harvest"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: here we go
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:35 am

Tufrthnails wrote:I'm digging in the bill a little more. There were two versions A and B. A passed. B Failed. The difference: To: Subst. Senate Bill No. 227

File No. 430

Cal. No. 288

I need to add this just passed to go to the House not that is is written into law. And the portion I quoted above is the "B" that failed. "A" just says product meaning that no matter if it was acquired legally or not.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:21 am

I believe "cecil" was hunted and harvested legally... Kind of ironic they use his name.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:12 am

dan wrote:I believe "cecil" was hunted and harvested legally... Kind of ironic they use his name.

Most people still think Cecil was poached due to our corrupt media so they have to play off those emotions. As you already know stuff like this is always dreamed up off lies and deceit, never the truth.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 am

dan wrote:I believe "cecil" was hunted and harvested legally... Kind of ironic they use his name.

Not really. It has never been worse to be a hunter or a gun owner in the northeast. There is a lot animistic towards us here. It is unbelievable.

Bob

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 am

I grew up there. I can't say this is a surprise. A significant portion of the population lives in CT and commutes to NYC to work each day...

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”