New cape

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

New cape

Unread postby kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:31 am

So I was going to just euro my buck because well the Cape got wrecked. It ran right off cliff slid across rocks got wrapped up in a dead fall. I seen it figured it wasnt really my biggest, a nice buck doesn't score well at all but score means very little to me. I really don't want to spend much extra to mount a buck. Just wondering if anyone shoots a buck in the 3.5 year old range in the coming weeks or gun season and doesnt want the cape. Saving it for me would be awesome. If I walk into a cape I think I will mount it if not a good euro will do. I live in SE WI and will pick it up.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

kurt

Re: New cape

Unread postby kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 am

I immediately after seeing it figured Id only euro...I dragged it out being all down hill furthering the damage

Ravenhunter

Unread postby Ravenhunter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Most taxidermist can find you a cape. I donated mine to a local guy this week ( Southern Ontario Canada) Good Luck

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Longbow with a pointy stick
Hunting is Conservation
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Butcher shops usually have a few around if your willing to pay $40 or $50 for the cape and the extra work removing it. Taxidermist can be a bit higher... If we end up with one nobody is mounting I will give it to you if you come get it. Jay Trudell usually keeps extras just for clients... You could check with him...
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:15 pm

I have one from my buck I shot this year that I may sell or trade. It is a bigger on as it was right 24 inch behind the ears for a meat measurement and almost 8 eye to nose. And it is cut long for a floor pedestal mount.

kurt

Unread postby kurt » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm

dan wrote:Butcher shops usually have a few around if your willing to pay $40 or $50 for the cape and the extra work removing it. Taxidermist can be a bit higher... If we end up with one nobody is mounting I will give it to you if you come get it. Jay Trudell usually keeps extras just for clients... You could check with him...

Thanks Dan if you get one in your group that fits the bill. I would gladly drive down to get it. Trying to avoid paying the 40 or 50 more.

Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:00 pm

I got one from thermals and worked great for my mount!

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”