What pose did you choose for your 2013 buck mount(s)?

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: What pose did you choose for your 2013 buck mount(s)?

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:56 am

Semi sneaks....

[ Post made via Android ] Image

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:58 am

Full sneak....

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:18 am

Bucky wrote:Full sneak is head even with shoulders.... not most common. Semi-sneak would be most common.

Full upright straight on pose look un-natural to me

I also agree up right straight on pose doesn't look natural. ..personal I would never get a straight on mount.. the reason why I picked up right off set hard right turn for bow buck is because that wad the last imagine in my head of him before I sent an arrow through him... that how I pick my poses...the last image of the deer before I shoot... I also like to keep the poses differnt...I have four heads on the wall...all differnt mounts..about to add 2 more and have another monted I wanted done years ago of a buck I shot with the bow...all three mounts will have different poses

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:22 am

Bucky wrote:Full sneak is head even with shoulders.... not most common. Semi-sneak would be most common.

I agree the semi sneaks are the bomb. I had these two bucks done with a slight up tilt of the nose. I like these better than any others I have done. The pictures don't display them properly (I'm no photographer, my field pictures are further evidence of that). I am leaning towards this same pose for this year.

You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:57 am

Mountain Man wrote:For those that are having their 2013 buck(s) mounted, what pose did you choose and why?

I'm thinking of doing my gun buck on a Ben Mears hooking aggressive. I've been thinking about doing one of my own on this form for a while (not really sure why other than something different than a standard upright, semi-upright, or semi-sneak, and because the head is down this pose gives a different view of the rack) and I had one laying around so I put the rack on and I kind of like it. I'm still not sure if this is what I will go with but I'm leaning toward it. I would lay the ears back, flare the nostrils a little, and roll the eyes a bit so some white shows to match the aggressive posture.

I had the Mears hooking aggressive done for this buck . He was pissed and exactly how he looked coming to my decoys . I was on the ground using a buck and doe set up. Image

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:08 am

Bingo, full sneak is far from the most common. Semi sneak is most popular followed by uprights with turns. I can't wait until I get my buck buck from last year with a full 90 degree turn and the 2011 buck in the drinking pose.

Brad

Unread postby Brad » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 am

I always go with a mount I don't have or one that will compliment other mounts. My next buck will be a half body kneeling on his knees on a pedestal I think, or half body making a rub on a tree.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:25 am

Here is my next mount! ;)

E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:00 am

Bucky wrote:Semi sneaks....

Bucky, Im really liking that head up pose , second from the right. 8-)
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 am

Stanley wrote:

I agree the semi sneaks are the bomb. I had these two bucks done with a slight up tilt of the nose. I like these better than any others I have done. The pictures don't display them properly (I'm no photographer, my field pictures are further evidence of that). I am leaning towards this same pose for this year.

Yep Stan, that slight head up form is sweet. I think I have my next one picked out , all I need is the deer! :shifty:
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:25 am

I'm glad I read through this I'm really liking the head up poses of Stanley's and the one second from the right on Bucky's.

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”