bear mount

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jeff G
500 Club

Re: bear mount

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:40 am

I know a guy like that……..gives taxidermist a bad rap. I saw the guy screw over tons of people and they never get there mounts. they burn up the down payment and then have no money to buy supplies when they need them….bad situation, bad businessmen.

Keep bugging him till you get it. they eventually will get sick of dealing with the pressure and get it to you.

or option #2, go there, get your hide and take the down payment loss (if you had money down) and go to someone else. (this option sucks). then i would give him all the bad PR in the world….

I feel for you…..it sucks, and good luck!!!!!!

Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:40 am

I know a guy like that……..gives taxidermist a bad rap. I saw the guy screw over tons of people and they never get there mounts. they burn up the down payment and then have no money to buy supplies when they need them….bad situation, bad businessmen.

Keep bugging him till you get it. they eventually will get sick of dealing with the pressure and get it to you.

or option #2, go there, get your hide and take the down payment loss (if you had money down) and go to someone else. (this option sucks). then i would give him all the bad PR in the world….

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:This fall will be 5 years?

If it was me, next day off of work I would pick up the hide in whatever condition it is in. Cut your losses and move on.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Yep I'm to that point, 5 years is enough
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:46 am

Jeff G wrote:I know a guy like that……..gives taxidermist a bad rap. I saw the guy screw over tons of people and they never get there mounts. they burn up the down payment and then have no money to buy supplies when they need them….bad situation, bad businessmen.

I did the option #1 for 3 years now, I'm done bugging. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have the $, does a lot of work for major outdoors store, and for that reason I think that is who he takes care of first.
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:01 am

olivertractor wrote:
Jeff G wrote:I know a guy like that……..gives taxidermist a bad rap. I saw the guy screw over tons of people and they never get there mounts. they burn up the down payment and then have no money to buy supplies when they need them….bad situation, bad businessmen.

I did the option #1 for 3 years now, I'm done bugging. I find it hard to believe he doesn't have the $, does a lot of work for major outdoors store, and for that reason I think that is who he takes care of first.

Maybe this just means you will shoot a 600lb bear next time you go :D :D :D
Nocturnal
500 Club

Unread postby Nocturnal » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:02 am

My uncle shot a beautiful 9 point about 6 or 7 years ago. He called a year later to find out what was taking so long cause he usually takes half the time. The phone was disconnected. Come to find out he divorced and moved out of state. He never got the rack back either.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”