Got my 2012 9pt back

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Got my 2012 9pt back

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 am

westmibow wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:
westmibow wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:Nice buck. Public or private? Southern Michigan of northern deer?

Private and Southern MI. Van Buren County to be more specific.

He should have been pretty good eating then. Van Buren has some real nice bucks.

He was very tasty. Still eating the goods. It was a lot of meat. Van Buren does have great bucks ,however its taken me 3 years of passing on smaller ones to see deer like him consistantly. There are a couple of really good bedding areas near my place that help these deer get to 3 and 4, keep them out of sight of the neighbors if you will because they will shoot anything. I love comparing trail cam pics from 3 years ago to now its pretty amazing. Each year you can see progressivley bigger and better deer. Especially since I hunt a 60 acre farm but I feel its proof that passing the 1 and 2 year olds works. Sorry didn't mean to rant.

Don't see it as a rant. I like to hear that sort of stuff. Especially in Michigan. Hopefully you will have some kill pics to post soon. 8-)

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Got my 2012 9pt back

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 am

Nice pose! 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”