Hunting beast is getting his archery buck back…guess who?

Discussions about learning taxidermy & picking taxidermist.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kurt

Re: Hunting beast is getting his archery buck back…guess who

Unread postby kurt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:37 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
Bucky wrote:Put a few skittles on that tongue :lol:

BigHunt had a great strategy going into this hunt and it is captured well in this mount.

The spring prior to this hunt Tyler found an old steel flagpole on a distant ridge. He put together a full proof strategy that only needed cold weather and buck jam. Spring faded into into fall and the ice cold winds of November finally rolled in. That fateful morning, Tyler found himself spreading a light glaze of buck jam on the flag pull. He quietly set up his lone wolf over the flag pole and waited patiently. At first light, the buck approached from the valley below, drawn to the sweet smell of buck jam. Tyler waited patiently as the buck pressed his tongue to the frozen pole. Tyler stood from his tree stand and prepared for the shot. The buck caught the movement from the corner of his eye but it was too late. The buck was stuck to the pole. Tyler sneered and laughed, releasing his arrow into the buck. A kill to be remembered forever.

So Bass have you recently tried to "smoke" your clothes. I know you like experimenting in scent eliminating crap....lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Last edited by kurt on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 am

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 am

Dewey wrote:Very unique. Never seen one with the tongue out like that. What's the significance of it..........did he look like that right before you shot?

That's an excellent quality highly detailed mount. Congrats. :clap:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Thanks Dewey

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:51 am

BigHunt wrote:
Dewey wrote:Very unique. Never seen one with the tongue out like that. What's the significance of it..........did he look like that right before you shot?

That's an excellent quality highly detailed mount. Congrats. :clap:

I had a trail cam on the public land I hunted. the week before I killed him he was working a scrap and one of the pics is just how jeff mounted him...after I killed him I pulled the camera and snapped the liking branch off the tree he was working ..im using that exact branch to make it look like the bucks working the scrap....the tongue thing was jays idea

Very cool. Figured there had to be a story behind it. 8-)

Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:53 am

...and the rest of the story....so I start working on the deer hide, find a huge 12" cut in the brisket along with 2 broad head holes.I called big hunt up to tell him he needs to learn how to cape deer and tell him he is the biggest hack in the world. Of course I had to give him a hard time. Turns out he said the buck had been shot by another hunter and that large gaping hole was a wound....just so we all know big hunt can only kill weak wounded deer...hahahaha

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:04 am

Jeff G wrote:...and the rest of the story....so I start working on the deer hide, find a huge 12" cut in the brisket along with 2 broad head holes.I called big hunt up to tell him he needs to learn how to cape deer and tell him he is the biggest hack in the world. Of course I had to give him a hard time. Turns out he said the buck had been shot by another hunter and that large gaping hole was a wound....just so we all know big hunt can only kill weak wounded deer...hahahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

thanks Paul Harvey!!!!!!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:15 am

kurt wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
Bucky wrote:Put a few skittles on that tongue :lol:

BigHunt had a great strategy going into this hunt and it is captured well in this mount.

The spring prior to this hunt Tyler found an old steel flagpole on a distant ridge. He put together a full proof strategy that only needed cold weather and buck jam. Spring faded into into fall and the ice cold winds of November finally rolled in. That fateful morning, Tyler found himself spreading a light glaze of buck jam on the flag pull. He quietly set up his lone wolf over the flag pole and waited patiently. At first light, the buck approached from the valley below, drawn to the sweet smell of buck jam. Tyler waited patiently as the buck pressed his tongue to the frozen pole. Tyler stood from his tree stand and prepared for the shot. The buck caught the movement from the corner of his eye but it was too late. The buck was stuck to the pole. Tyler sneered and laughed, releasing his arrow into the buck. A kill to be remembered forever.

So Bass have you recently tried to "smoke" your clothes. I know you like experimenting in scent eliminating crap....lol

I have been eating a lot of wild mushrooms :L:

feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Looks great big hunt you will have to put a picture up once u get him working the scrape be neat to c what it looks like

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:40 pm

I think it looks good... but I know if you put a few skittles on the tongue everyone that sees it will want the story! Then u can go into the elaborate story of how three skittles 20 yards out from your stand sucked em in. Then all you need is a BIG buck pic on the skittles bag and BOOM! Sell it for $4.99. :lol:

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:14 am

Bucky wrote:I think it looks good... but I know if you put a few skittles on the tongue everyone that sees it will want the story! Then u can go into the elaborate story of how three skittles 20 yards out from your stand sucked em in. Then all you need is a BIG buck pic on the skittles bag and BOOM! Sell it for $4.99. :lol:

OMG THAT IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buck skittles!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: taste the rain BOW lolololol
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:21 am

Big Skittle...???!!!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
feutza
500 Club

Unread postby feutza » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:34 am

I just love this forum you can joke around with people without them gettin all worked up unlike other forums says alot about this site and the guys that are on here

Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:54 am

This is some funny stuff. On the side great buck BH

stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:10 am

Great job all around. Taxman, shooter. and best of all razzers! :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :L: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:32 am

feutza wrote:I just love this forum you can joke around with people without them gettin all worked up unlike other forums says alot about this site and the guys that are on here

:mrgreen: it's the only way
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Taxidermy”