HB Store

renegadendn

WTB Tree Saddle

Unread postby renegadendn » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 am

want to buy a medium size tree saddle.

Dewey

Re: WTB Tree Saddle

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:35 am

Watch Ebay closely. There are usually a few listed but they have been going for pretty high prices because there has been a major national shortage fron Trophyline. They have been out of stock for almost a year and last time I contacted them they said they don't know when they will get more.

This is the email I got from Trophyline a few weeks ago...........

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience! We were a little caught off guard by how many orders were received in the previous couple of years and have been working on getting more in. Unfortunately it is a long process and there has apparently been some issues along the way. We are working on getting more info and a concrete date. I know this is very frustrating, I share that frustration every day! Sometimes we do get random sizes in, so I will be looking out for a Medium for you. If I come across one, I will let you know and we will get it to Archery Country.

Thank you for your kind patience, We sincerely apologize!
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:29 am

I still see them for sale now and again as well. There are other brands very similar on the market, and if the saddle is not available, you might be happy with one of them. I heard guido's web or something like that was a good one. One of them has a bar that holds you away from the tree,and I could see that being a nice feature. I used to have a saddle, and you either wrap your legs around the tree, press your knees into the tree, or stay straight legged. None of those positions are very comfortable for long, or at least not for me. Some like em, some dont. Give it a try and see if it works for you. For beast style, I could see it working as you know where the deer is, and what path he is likely to use. If its a random sit and you dont know where the deer are coming/going, I think there are disadvantages to the saddle.
Ken
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:46 am

renegadendn wrote:want to buy a medium size tree saddle.

I know you are looking for a medium but this is the only one I could find. http://cgi.ebay.com/Tree-Saddle-Portabl ... 4cf78979d0
Actually I would recommend going one size smaller than what the saddle is rated for. I have a large with a 34" waist and it is way loose and does not cinch tight around my waist so I am looking for a new medium as well.
I have one on order from Archery Country but waiting for them to be deliverd from Trophyline. They have been on backorder since last fall.
http://shop.archerycountry.com/browse.cfm/2,901.html
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:17 am

I agree with Dewey on the size. My waist is 38" and I found a Large to just snug up depending on my clothes under it. You will hear guys say buy bigger to use with cold weather clothing, but I say buy for the clothes you wear 90% of the season, not the 10%.
Ken
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
renegadendn

Unread postby renegadendn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:29 am

Dewey and ken1320 thanks for the replies. I might need to get a small if I need to go down in size. Hopefully Trophy line will get their production problem fixed soon.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:39 am

renegadendn wrote:Dewey and ken1320 thanks for the replies. I might need to get a small if I need to go down in size. Hopefully Trophy line will get their production problem fixed soon.

I agree they run a little big, maybe a small would be easier to get as well.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:44 am

Also, I have a Guido's web, I would be willing to sell, if intrested. I got it before the Saddle. It is more comfortable than the saddle, but for me was more bulky than the saddle, I used it maybe 5 times. You wear it like a back pack. It has a rigid seat and back rest, as well as a bar that keeps you away from the tree. I could sleep in it, it was so comfortable!

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”