Milkweed

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ArkansasTradHunter

Milkweed

Unread postby ArkansasTradHunter » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:32 am

I know it’s been posted on here before, but I wanted to see if anyone had any milkweed I could buy from them? I am in Arkansas and can’t find any and I’m almost out. Thanks!

Dpierce72
500 Club

Re: Milkweed

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:04 am

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Rancher43

Unread postby Rancher43 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Just pm burkhart and he’ll mail you some

Thanks burk!!
wnchunter15

Unread postby wnchunter15 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Pm coming burkhart! Thanks!
Drenalin
500 Club

Unread postby Drenalin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 am

Got a potentially dumb question about milkweed...I've seen a few people mention dropping milkweed seeds, but it's my understanding that what I actually want out of these pods is the silk and the seeds can be discarded. Which is it for checking wind - seeds or silk? Thanks in advance.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:00 am

Drenalin wrote:Got a potentially dumb question about milkweed...I've seen a few people mention dropping milkweed seeds, but it's my understanding that what I actually want out of these pods is the silk and the seeds can be discarded. Which is it for checking wind - seeds or silk? Thanks in advance.

The silk or fluff as we call it is what is used. It flys much better without the seed attached.

Best thing to do is save and scatter the seeds in the area where you picked it so even more milkweed grows later. The monarch butterfly caterpillars will appreciate that as well since they grow up there and milkweed leaves are their primary food.
Drenalin
500 Club

Unread postby Drenalin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:34 am

Dewey wrote:
Drenalin wrote:Got a potentially dumb question about milkweed...I've seen a few people mention dropping milkweed seeds, but it's my understanding that what I actually want out of these pods is the silk and the seeds can be discarded. Which is it for checking wind - seeds or silk? Thanks in advance.

The silk or fluff as we call it is what is used. It flys much better without the seed attached.

Best thing to do is save and scatter the seeds in the area where you picked it so even more milkweed grows later. The monarch butterfly caterpillars will appreciate that as well since they grow up there and milkweed leaves are their primary food.

Thanks Dewey!
byg

Unread postby byg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:32 pm

What is the best way to store the pods, until you need them
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:21 pm

Probably in some kind of resealable container so the silk doesn't get all over the place. If you've just picked them off a plant then it works well to put them either in a mason jar with the lid ajar, or in a ziplock bag that's partly opened. This way there is air flow and they continue to dry out.
byg

Unread postby byg » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:57 pm

Thanks, I had put them in a zip lock opened up.

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”