Alpaca Baselayer Discount to Hunting Beast Members

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JakeB
500 Club

Re: Alpaca Baselayer Discount to Hunting Beast Members

Unread postby JakeB » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I ordered the alpaca qz, kind of worried it will be too small now. Any size comparison to icebreaker merino base layers?

hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:51 am

Do you think you will eventually get an XXL size?
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
WISCOANDY

Unread postby WISCOANDY » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 pm

This looks great, I'm in the market now. How long is the shirt? Long enough to stay tucked in? Or bump up a size?

I know an Alpaca farmer here locally, and have purchased my share of socks from her. I am highly impressed and can vouch for the warmth as well as the lack of odor after a use.

Thanks for this.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:41 am

I apologize for the lack in sizing options. We will have Small and XXL in the spring of 2018, I will offer the same discount at that time to any of you that are still interested. With the cold weather that is setting in, I am going to offer our Basecamp Merino 260 at a discount along with the Tailwind Puffy Insulation Jacket. I will post a promo code up for those items this afternoon. Thanks guys.

JakeB: Yes, the sizing will be similar to IceBreaker. Semi skin tight.

Hunter_Mike: We designed all of our baselayers with an additional 2" of drape to ensure they have plenty of length to tuck in. The back panel is longer so that it stays tucked if you crouch or bend over. The length of the large is a 27" front panel and a 32" back.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 am

Very cool
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am

Received mine looks good. All my shirts are xl but I'm thinking I might have been able to order a L and later on get a camp xl to layer over top. Still happy the the product and fast shipping. Hoping tho give it a try next week. Blizzard outside right now
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:41 pm

Tufrthnails wrote:Man I wish I hadn't just bought a new top and bottom last week now. I'd give your stuff a go for sure I like the quarter zip better. I'll keep you in mind if I decide to grab something in the future.

I did the exact same thing! :lol: I used to make musky lures with Alpaca fiber. Looked great, but didn't catch much. ;) :lol:

However, I need some new alpaca socks. Those things are awesome.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:43 pm

THLETE wrote:We are offering $20 off one of our top selling baselayers exclusively to Hunting Beast members. If you want to try something new this fall, the Alpaca Hybrid Crew is the answer. Alpaca fiber is warmer, lighter and dries faster than traditional wool. Alpaca's high cost and low availability make it less common in outdoor apparel but it is, in fact, superior to merino due to its soft drape and hollow core fiber content. The hollow core allows alpaca garments to hold heat more efficiently and wick moisture faster than merino. Enter Promo Code Beast20 during checkout. Check out the link below for more info:

THLETE Alpaca Hybrid Crew Neck

Do you sell Alpaca hunting socks? Went to the website but couldn't find any. Thanks!
KGB

Unread postby KGB » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:56 pm

I tried to order but the site would not let me select billing country. Also is the promo good for other products on your site(qtr zip)?
Tempy

Unread postby Tempy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:16 am

Got mine Wednesday. Hunted all day with it Thursday and MAN ITS AWESOME. Hiked 2 miles with stand on bsck and got sweated up but stayed very dry in approximately 40 degree day And was the warmest I've been with minimal clothes ever.

Fit is good, I got the large and I'm 6'0"" 200 lbs. I like the little extra length in the arms with the thumb holes and drape so you can tuck it in and keep arms from bunching up. A little rough feel to the inside but to be expected with wool, not itchy at all. Would definitely buy again :clap:
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:14 am

Wearing mine right now. Just got it in the mail this morning. Fit was just about perfect, just a tad bigger then what I hoped. Extra length for tucking and in the arms is nice. Little itching but not bad considering it's brand new and I didn't even wash it yet.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:41 am

Net Guy wrote:
THLETE wrote:We are offering $20 off one of our top selling baselayers exclusively to Hunting Beast members. If you want to try something new this fall, the Alpaca Hybrid Crew is the answer. Alpaca fiber is warmer, lighter and dries faster than traditional wool. Alpaca's high cost and low availability make it less common in outdoor apparel but it is, in fact, superior to merino due to its soft drape and hollow core fiber content. The hollow core allows alpaca garments to hold heat more efficiently and wick moisture faster than merino. Enter Promo Code Beast20 during checkout. Check out the link below for more info:

THLETE Alpaca Hybrid Crew Neck

Do you sell Alpaca hunting socks? Went to the website but couldn't find any. Thanks!

We do not currently carry any Alpaca socks. We have discussed manufacturing some next year but are 50/50.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:44 am

Tempy wrote:Got mine Wednesday. Hunted all day with it Thursday and MAN ITS AWESOME. Hiked 2 miles with stand on bsck and got sweated up but stayed very dry in approximately 40 degree day And was the warmest I've been with minimal clothes ever.

Fit is good, I got the large and I'm 6'0"" 200 lbs. I like the little extra length in the arms with the thumb holes and drape so you can tuck it in and keep arms from bunching up. A little rough feel to the inside but to be expected with wool, not itchy at all. Would definitely buy again :clap:

Love the feedback! The Alpaca Hybrid Crew has been one of our best selling items this fall. We had two of our employees hunting Wisconsin yesterday morning and they said they were impressed with the warmth too. It was 28 degrees at sunrise.
THLETE

Unread postby THLETE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:46 am

KGB wrote:I tried to order but the site would not let me select billing country. Also is the promo good for other products on your site(qtr zip)?

We were updating our shipping system Friday Night through Saturday Morning. I am guessing that was the issue. Feel free to call me anytime to get squared away. Ask for Mike (651) 955-2123
Pa outdoorsman

Unread postby Pa outdoorsman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:37 am

Just ordered, looking forward to trying it out next week here in pa, looking forward to trying more of your gear, and I love the made in the USA part, if quality is good I will be dumping my UA for your made in the USA gear, hope to see some pants in the line up also.

And if you ever need some field testing, just let me know.. :D :D :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”