Want to buy lone wolf hang on

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

nor' easter

Want to buy lone wolf hang on

Unread postby nor' easter » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:49 am

The title says it all. I'm looking for a lone wolf hang on. Any vintage or style. Feel free to post here or pm me. Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jonny
500 Club

Re: Want to buy lone wolf hang on

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:54 am

I just bought an xop silver from jet.com for $141 shipped. Its not a lone wolf but its as close as you can get. I have seen very few used lone wolfs this cheap.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:11 am

Do the lonewolf sticks clip into the xop stand like they will on the lone wolf stands?

Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:56 am

If you are refering to lone wolf stick quiver then no I would assume it does not fit. However, you could get a set of stick talons from cbigbear at mobilehuntinggear.com and those will work. I have heard nothing but fantastic things about them. My xop sticks stack on my stand very well, but I am going to try bungee cords first, then talons if bungees don't work.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:12 am

stick talons or good old bungee chords work wonders.
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:49 am

What are the advantages of stick talons on a LW stand where the LW sticks stack and carry so well on them?

AKA "The Lone Wolf Assassin"
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:58 am

BowHusker wrote:What are the advantages of stick talons on a LW stand where the LW sticks stack and carry so well on them?

Spreads them out and makes it more compact. Also leaves a nice space in between to strap extra clothing or gear for walking in and out.

The biggest benefit of all is if you carry four sticks you can attach the first two at ground level, connect your harness and bow lift rope and then climb up with stand on your back and other two sticks still held by your Talons. Then you can reach back to grab your sticks individually, strap them on tree, then mount your stand. All in one trip without climbing up and down multiple times.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Dewey wrote:
BowHusker wrote:What are the advantages of stick talons on a LW stand where the LW sticks stack and carry so well on them?

Spreads them out and makes it more compact. Also leaves a nice space in between to strap extra clothing or gear for walking in and out.

The biggest benefit of all is if you carry four sticks you can attach the first two at ground level, connect your harness and bow lift rope and then climb up with stand on your back and other two sticks still held by your Talons. Then you can reach back to grab your sticks individually, strap them on tree, then mount your stand. All in one trip without climbing up and down multiple times.

Thanks Dewey, that makes alot of sense. I usually put my two extra sticks through a loop I make from paracord on my harness. They do hit stuff unintentionally some times though and make extra noise.

Is it difficult to get the remaining two sticks off the stand when it's behind you're back? I've looked at this set up recently and seriously contemplated getting it, but I'm curious as to the functionality of it. It's really easy to grab my two remaining sticks from my paracord loops but at the same time I've also made unnecessary noise from them hanging down and clanking on stuff as well.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:58 pm

Very easy to remove from Talons. I just reach back with one hand to hold the top of the stand and use my other hand to release the stick by popping it out at the top and then slightly twist back and forth till it pops free from the bottom Talon.

BowHusker

Unread postby BowHusker » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Dewey wrote:Very easy to remove from Talons. I just reach back with one hand to hold the top of the stand and use my other hand to release the stick by popping it out at the top and then slightly twist back and forth till it pops free from the bottom Talon.

Hmm, maybe I should give this a try. Plus being able to put my pack in-between would be really nice. Thanks for the feedback back.

One other question...would the talon's hold 3 sticks on one side if a person carried 5 sticks with them?

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:33 pm

BowHusker wrote:
Dewey wrote:Very easy to remove from Talons. I just reach back with one hand to hold the top of the stand and use my other hand to release the stick by popping it out at the top and then slightly twist back and forth till it pops free from the bottom Talon.

Hmm, maybe I should give this a try. Plus being able to put my pack in-between would be really nice. Thanks for the feedback back.

One other question...would the talon's hold 3 sticks on one side if a person carried 5 sticks with them?

That I'm not sure about. Contact cbigbear to see what the options are. I thought he could custom make for your application.

http://www.mobilehuntinggear.com
nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Jonny wrote:I just bought an xop silver from jet.com for $141 shipped. Its not a lone wolf but its as close as you can get. I have seen very few used lone wolfs this cheap.

Is the seat noisy? It looks like the same material as one of my steel hang ons and that one squeeks constantly

Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:56 am

nor' easter wrote:
Jonny wrote:I just bought an xop silver from jet.com for $141 shipped. Its not a lone wolf but its as close as you can get. I have seen very few used lone wolfs this cheap.

Is the seat noisy? It looks like the same material as one of my steel hang ons and that one squeeks constantly

Its a little noisy. I just hung it in my yard for a bit. No hunting out of it yet. I will probably replace it with a foam pad from menards for $5. I don't like thick seats anyways. It does compress a good amount but I do like the pocket on it for an added rump roaster
nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:12 am

It's looking like I'm going to get an xop. They seem like a good value

Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:20 am

nor' easter wrote:It's looking like I'm going to get an xop. They seem like a good value

You will like it. Keep us updated on any mods you do. I always love new ideas and tinkering with my stands

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”