Looking for an electric golf cart

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Looking for an electric golf cart

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Anybody have an old, cheap, ELECTRIC golf cart they would sell?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Re: Looking for an electric golf cart

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:02 pm

There is one for sale on Craigslist in central WI for 3500.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:11 am

Thanks, but I'm looking for something old, and ugly, but runs...... $350 would be much better ;)
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 am

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:21 am

Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:00 am

We got an old golf cart from the city my old man worked for nothing. They were gonna dump it from the city golf course. We put new batteries and tires on it. We got a good ten years out of it at the farm. Those batteries aren't cheep tho. Good luck!

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:49 am

Hawthorne wrote:We got an old golf cart from the city my old man worked for nothing. They were gonna dump it from the city golf course. We put new batteries and tires on it. We got a good ten years out of it at the farm. Those batteries aren't cheep tho. Good luck!

You got 10 years out of one set of batteries?
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:06 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:We got an old golf cart from the city my old man worked for nothing. They were gonna dump it from the city golf course. We put new batteries and tires on it. We got a good ten years out of it at the farm. Those batteries aren't cheep tho. Good luck!

No replaced them once I think but got 10 years out of the cart itself. Now its in the barn broken down and we use atvs now. I would get another electric cart tho. They are quiet

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:10 am

Hawthorne wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:

No replaced them once I think but got 10 years out of the cart itself. Now its in the barn broken down and we use atvs now. I would get another electric cart tho. [glow=red]They are quiet[/glow]

That's what I'm after...... quiet.
G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:56 am

A buddy of mine in Illinois (about 2 hours north of St Louis) has one 3 for sale...I think he has one pretty cheap that has a 3" lift and new batteries for like 600$. If your interested send me a message and I will get you his contact info
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:14 am

G3s wrote:A buddy of mine in Illinois (about 2 hours north of St Louis) has one 3 for sale...I think he has one pretty cheap that has a 3" lift and new batteries for like 600$. If your interested send me a message and I will get you his contact info

Thanks for the info, but that's a little farther than I really want to travel for a cart... I'm sure something will come up closer.. Thanks again.

186buck

Unread postby 186buck » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:29 am

I think your looking a little early. I see a lot of them for sale in the spring. I've had one for many years and they are good but watch out on the hills unless you get better tires the terf one's don't have the tread to get up incline's. Also they can be little money pits so make sure it's running when you buy it. Also as stated above check the batteries. A $600 cart can turn into a $1200 cart because the batteries need to be replaced.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:36 am

186buck wrote:I think your looking a little early. I see a lot of them for sale in the spring. I've had one for many years and they are good but watch out on the hills unless you get better tires the terf one's don't have the tread to get up incline's. Also they can be little money pits so make sure it's running when you buy it. Also as stated above check the batteries. A $600 cart can turn into a $1200 cart because the batteries need to be replaced.

Yep, I understand, the batteries are super expensive, but I can get them a little cheaper through my work...
And yes, I agree, I would need to put some better tread tires on it... I won't be climbing hills with it, but it would save me some pretty long walks to the hill.

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:40 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
186buck wrote:I think your looking a little early. I see a lot of them for sale in the spring. I've had one for many years and they are good but watch out on the hills unless you get better tires the terf one's don't have the tread to get up incline's. Also they can be little money pits so make sure it's running when you buy it. Also as stated above check the batteries. A $600 cart can turn into a $1200 cart because the batteries need to be replaced.

Yep, I understand, the batteries are super expensive, but I can get them a little cheaper through my work...
And yes, I agree, I would need to put some better tread tires on it... I won't be climbing hills with it, but it would save me some pretty long walks to the hill.

You may want to consider building an electric hill climbing fat tire bike. A fellow beast member just built one. It can be done for about $600. www.sickbikeparts.com
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:51 am

Hmmm, that's interesting Bass, but might be a little more of a project than I want to tackle.

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”