Wanted: Garmin Oregon 600

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

sethg

Wanted: Garmin Oregon 600

Unread postby sethg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:46 am

Hey guys,

I'm searching for a Garmin Oregon 600. Just trying to get it on sale. Also going to get the Ohio onyx map chip for it.

I've been unable to find the gps unit on sale right now. If anyone has any insights as to when it usually goes on sale, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

sethg

Re: Wanted: Garmin Oregon 600

Unread postby sethg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:50 am

well i'll be danged. Just checked cabelas, and its on sale right now. Awesome.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:54 am

They have had some nice deals on those. Let us know if you get one and how you like it.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
sethg

Unread postby sethg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:36 am

Stanley wrote:They have had some nice deals on those. Let us know if you get one and how you like it.

i went ahead and pulled the trigger on on it, and the onxmaps chip for ohio. Headed up in 2 weeks to scout for 4 days. Should be able to provide a good review once i get back.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:30 am

I have been thinking about a new gps with the onyx chip for an area up north. I got this one spot that is unreal to navigate. I have never seen a piece of land where you almost get lost in it every time. Just now starting to figure it out, but I bet that would help.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:50 am

Uncle Lou wrote:I have been thinking about a new gps with the onyx chip for an area up north. I got this one spot that is unreal to navigate. I have never seen a piece of land where you almost get lost in it every time. Just now starting to figure it out, but I bet that would help.

Oh I got a swamp in Louisiana you need to visit. land nav was a mother there and I am used to navigating swamps here in FL.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:49 am

Tufrthnails wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:I have been thinking about a new gps with the onyx chip for an area up north. I got this one spot that is unreal to navigate. I have never seen a piece of land where you almost get lost in it every time. Just now starting to figure it out, but I bet that would help.

Oh I got a swamp in Louisiana you need to visit. land nav was a mother there and I am used to navigating swamps here in FL.

Do you remember the name of the swamp, area of the state or nearby town?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:59 am

If your thinking about the Onx map chip for your Garmin Oregon 600...........DO IT.

I have WI and Iowa chips and love them. The Oregon 600 makes them even better with the ease of the touch screen. The topos are awesome in hill country and really detailed. Helps you focus on specific terrain features and eliminates a lot of wandering around while scouting or hunting. Almost feels like you are cheating! :shifty:

If you do buy one of the Garmins and plan on buying the Onx map chip don't buy a gps with the "t" designation that have topos installed at the factory. Save your money. The topos on the map chip are much more detailed.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Dewey wrote:If your thinking about the Onx map chip for your Garmin Oregon 600...........DO IT.

I have WI and Iowa chips and love them. The Oregon 600 makes them even better with the ease of the touch screen. The topos are awesome in hill country and really detailed. Helps you focus on specific terrain features and eliminates a lot of wandering around while scouting or hunting. Almost feels like you are cheating! :shifty:

If you do buy one of the Garmins and plan on buying the Onx map chip don't buy a gps with the "t" designation that have topos installed at the factory. Save your money. The topos on the map chip are much more detailed.

Some of us that don't own a Garmin Oregon 600, are unaware of what the chips are, or do, or where to get them. Some details might help some of us out. Thanks in advance.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:59 pm

This should answer your questions.

https://www.huntinggpsmaps.com

sethg

Unread postby sethg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:26 pm

Dewey wrote:If your thinking about the Onx map chip for your Garmin Oregon 600...........DO IT.

I got the plain Jane oregon 600, with no "t" on the end. I also got the onxmaps ohio chip. I read something that mirrors just what you are saying... that the chip is way better than the factory topos on the 600t

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”