ATV EQUIPMENT

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

EthanHogan1

ATV EQUIPMENT

Unread postby EthanHogan1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:14 am

Any one have any food plot attachments for an ATV??? Disc, plows, seeders, drags, etc...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: ATV EQUIPMENT

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:26 am

I have a ground hog max plow and a cabelas harrow drag. Both work well. Last year did'nt use the plow just the harrow and drag. Killed everything with round up and broke it up with the harrow. I also have a 25 gallon boomless sprayer

[ Post made via Android ] Image
186buck

Unread postby 186buck » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:28 am

Kolpin make a good line of equipment. I would make sure to have a good sized liquid cooled machine. The smaller atv's will take a beating working ground. Also the rear suspension had a hard time lifting most of the attachments. You will probably want to put bigger springs on to help it out. I ended up just buying a UTV and it handles the work a lot better.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:30 am

I have a 10 ft boom sprayer, drag harrow, broadcast spreader, and groundhog max. Groundhog max only gets used in places where the tractor cant go.

EthanHogan1

Unread postby EthanHogan1 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:48 am

Awesome! First year planted read a lot about it. I have planted plots but this is my first up north and starting from scratch can't wait. Any one got any used equipment they want to sell?? I don't buy anything new haha... I have a 90's model Honda 300 all time 4x4. Can't beat that ole girl

freezeAR
500 Club

Unread postby freezeAR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:43 am

Check out the ground hog max. Only one like it on the market. The unique thing about this little plow is it uses the atv/utv's weight as downforce. I can tell ya it will throw rooster tails of dirt pretty high. The faster you go the better it throws it. Being so compact it can get back to those secluded plots.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:18 am

freezeAR wrote:Check out the ground hog max. Only one like it on the market. The unique thing about this little plow is it uses the atv/utv's weight as downforce. I can tell ya it will throw rooster tails of dirt pretty high. The faster you go the better it throws it. Being so compact it can get back to those secluded plots.

I just looked these up, looks pretty slick. Do you have to weld a receiver onto the back of the 4 Wheeler plate?

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:21 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
freezeAR wrote:Check out the ground hog max. Only one like it on the market. The unique thing about this little plow is it uses the atv/utv's weight as downforce. I can tell ya it will throw rooster tails of dirt pretty high. The faster you go the better it throws it. Being so compact it can get back to those secluded plots.

I just looked these up, looks pretty slick. Do you have to weld a receiver onto the back of the 4 Wheeler plate?

It comes with a receiver kit that works with most ATVs. It is OK. I prefer a heavy duty Kolpin receiver over the OEM option.

dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:23 am

Got it, thanks..

EthanHogan1

Unread postby EthanHogan1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:45 am

The groundhog max looks awesome but I do not have $300 dollars. I think this year I am going to make a DIY food plot on a budget journal and list all my cost and what tools I used etc etc... We will see what happens. I have been educations my self a ton on food plot growing and food plot placement hopefully it'll work out

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:06 am

EthanHogan1 wrote:The groundhog max looks awesome but I do not have $300 dollars. I think this year I am going to make a DIY food plot on a budget journal and list all my cost and what tools I used etc etc... We will see what happens. I have been educations my self a ton on food plot growing and food plot placement hopefully it'll work out

All you really need is a hand spreader and sprayer. You can establish many food plots without tillage. Just roundup, lime, fertilizer, and seed.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:14 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
EthanHogan1 wrote:The groundhog max looks awesome but I do not have $300 dollars. I think this year I am going to make a DIY food plot on a budget journal and list all my cost and what tools I used etc etc... We will see what happens. I have been educations my self a ton on food plot growing and food plot placement hopefully it'll work out

All you really need is a hand spreader and sprayer. You can establish many food plots without tillage. Just roundup, lime, fertilizer, and seed.

Can you elaborate on the steps? How far before seeding, do you round-up? When exactly do you fertilize?

BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:39 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

Can you elaborate on the steps? How far before seeding, do you round-up? When exactly do you fertilize?

PM if you need more details but here is the condensed version.

On a typical no till plot I'll spray shortly after green up. If it's a new plot, you might want to mow if you have a lot of high standing dead weeds. Then spray again about 3-4 weeks later. At this point you are ready to plant. If you choose to wait to plant, you might have to do some maintenance spraying in the interim. Broadcast seed and fertilizer at same time. If you are spreading urea, do it before a good rain storm to avoid losses. A cultipacker or lawn roller afterwards is nice to ensure good seed to soil contact but not necessary.

Small seeds work best eg brassicas and clovers but other varieties can be established this way. I generally seed my brassicas in late July - early August before the dog day drought. Clover I'll do labor day weekend plus or minus a week. Frost seeding the following spring to fill out the clover plot.

186buck

Unread postby 186buck » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:41 am

I would plan on using round up a few weeks before you plant. Most will say 1 week. You will want to get rid of as much of the trash in your plot. So spray it down. come back a few weeks later rake up the debris. And old drag on the ATV will work. I would then broadcast the seed and fert. I like to come back later and add extra fert a few weeks before season. Also make sure to get a good soil sample done. That way you know what the soil needs as far a lime and fert. It is cheap insurance to make sure you get the most out of your plot. You will likely need 300-400 lbs per acre of fert 20-20-20. I come back with urea 43-0-0 or what ever you can get 50-100 per acre. If your on a budget don't skimp on the fert. Make the plot smaller based on how much fert you can afford.
EthanHogan1

Unread postby EthanHogan1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 am

I will also list seed type and how many #'s

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”