For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Land for lease...

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:32 am

Saw this in the Milwaukee Journal and thought somebody might be interested...

Deer hunting land for lease:

Buffalo county
Trempealeau county
& Portage county

$12 an acre...

call: 262-248-3206

Dewey

Re: Land for lease...

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:54 am

Seems really cheap for that area. :?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:23 am

Dewey wrote:Seems really cheap for that area. :?

Yup...
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:16 am

I saw this and called on it just to inquire. All are tree farms, not the beautiful hard woods ridges you picture. I wouldn't pay that much for land like that.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:17 pm

DropTyne wrote:I saw this and called on it just to inquire. All are tree farms, not the beautiful hard woods ridges you picture. I wouldn't pay that much for land like that.

Seems like tree farms would be willing to let you hunt free or pay you to hunt as deer do alot of damage to those trees.
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I agree......

I think sometimes people think that because their land is in an area where big bucks are taken that it is good land. I personally know people that pay some pretty big money for leases that frankly aren't very good for a number of reasons. The one property is a valley where the wind swirls like nothing I have ever seen, the other guy has a brutal bottom access Trempeleau county lease, both guys pay big money and both guys get skunked. Someday they might get lucky and shoot a nice one but it won't be a planned kill. I might have a little money to spend on a lease this year but it would have to be the right property and I am smart enough to know what to look for.

foliage, topography, and wind are the main things I have been looking at, thick bedding areas are extremely important too.

If the amount of money I have won't cut it for a decent lease then I will stick with some of the lightly hunted public I've found or the couple of properties I have free permission on, the other thing I am really kicking around is hunting some MFL, I think alot of these properties slip through the cracks, but I wont know til I check them out.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:03 pm

DropTyne wrote:I agree......

I think sometimes people think that because their land is in an area where big bucks are taken that it is good land. I personally know people that pay some pretty big money for leases that frankly aren't very good for a number of reasons. The one property is a valley where the wind swirls like nothing I have ever seen, the other guy has a brutal bottom access Trempeleau county lease, both guys pay big money and both guys get skunked. Someday they might get lucky and shoot a nice one but it won't be a planned kill. I might have a little money to spend on a lease this year but it would have to be the right property and I am smart enough to know what to look for.

foliage, topography, and wind are the main things I have been looking at, thick bedding areas are extremely important too.

If the amount of money I have won't cut it for a decent lease then I will stick with some of the lightly hunted public I've found or the couple of properties I have free permission on, the other thing I am really kicking around is hunting some MFL, I think alot of these properties slip through the cracks, but I wont know til I check them out.

I hunt a lot of MFL around me and there are some awesome spots and some crap but most folks have no idea they are open to hunt. Which is a bonus!
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 pm

wibow wrote:
DropTyne wrote:I agree......

I hunt a lot of MFL around me and there are some awesome spots and some crap but most folks have no idea they are open to hunt. Which is a bonus!

In my experience, at least in Buff Co. MFL is certainly no secret. It can be good ,but other hunters will definately be there at some point.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”