WTB 25hp Outboard Tiller

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hodag Hunter
500 Club

WTB 25hp Outboard Tiller

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat May 24, 2014 6:23 am

Looking for a used 25hp short shaft tiller.

Prefer Johnson or Evinrude but will consider other makes.

Prefer no power trim but will consider.

Prefer early 90's and newer.

Will consider early 80's to late 80's.

Hard to locate but a 30hp or 35hp short shaft will also be considered.

I am located in northern WI but travel the state weekly. No place in WI is too far for me to drive and inspect. Will consider neighboring states also.

Thanks

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Trailcamaddict
500 Club

Re: WTB 25hp Outboard Tiller

Unread postby Trailcamaddict » Sat May 24, 2014 7:26 am

We have a 25hp short shaft tiller Yamaha 4-stroke (2007 ish I think). I know my father in law talks about selling it once in a while. If you are interested let me know and I will ask him what he wants for it. Tomahawk Area.
Remember to take your kids!
YouTube - Engineered Outdoors
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat May 24, 2014 8:02 am

Trailcamaddict wrote:We have a 25hp short shaft tiller Yamaha 4-stroke (2007 ish I think). I know my father in law talks about selling it once in a while. If you are interested let me know and I will ask him what he wants for it. Tomahawk Area.

Yes please ask him what he wants. I will be using this on a new 16' Jon boat. I was thinking an older 2 stroke to keep weight down vs. a 4 stroke but will consider your FIL's Yamaha. I live in Rhinelander, real close to home.

Thanks.

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:07 am

Buy a set of oars you lazy bum!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat May 24, 2014 11:24 am

magicman54494 wrote:Buy a set of oars you lazy bum!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LOL!!

I'm thinking he must plan on fishing by himself if it's only a 16 footer.

You and Hodag perhaps... Just take turns driving!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat May 24, 2014 11:43 am

I have a 35 Hp 2 cycle Evinrude stainless prop, I might sell, I think it is a 1997 I would have to find the paperwork for it. I do live a long ways from Northern Wisconsin though. Eastern central Iowa. I was thinking about selling the boat (16 ft flat bottom) and motor but would consider breaking it up. You could come down and fish for a day and check it out.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat May 24, 2014 2:48 pm

Stanley wrote:I have a 35 Hp 2 cycle Evinrude stainless prop, I might sell, I think it is a 1997 I would have to find the paperwork for it. I do live a long ways from Northern Wisconsin though. Eastern central Iowa. I was thinking about selling the boat (16 ft flat bottom) and motor but would consider breaking it up. You could come down and fish for a day and check it out.

I may head to IA in a few weeks. A buddy and I haven't decided yet if we should go for our IA bow tags this year or not.

All the posts about declining buck numbers have us apprehensive.

Goober

Unread postby Goober » Sat May 24, 2014 3:10 pm

I have a 1978 Johnson Seahorse. Runs great, good prop. Needs a clutch dog (slips out of forward gear). If interested, its yours for $200 and I will meet you in Wausau. I would rather get a canoe than fix it. email be at bwgruber@gmail.com if you are interested.
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sun May 25, 2014 12:35 am

I was just emailing a guy in neenah that has a 1998 short shaft 25 hp Merc. It is on a boat but he is willing to sell separately. I am looking for a 25 too and would have bought it but I need a longshaft. I can get you his email if you are interested. He says the motor is in excellent condition and would take 950 for it.
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon May 26, 2014 12:26 am

Goober thanks for the offer but will pass. 1978 has the smaller gear case and less thrust.

Pullintoobs, 1980's and 1990's Mercury's ...... I prefer OMC. Thanks for the heads up though.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon May 26, 2014 3:14 am

I owned a 1986 25 Merc great little motor the shift for forward and reverse was in the the tiller throttle. You can run the motor with one hand from forward to reverse. The throttle linkage parts are obsolete though and you can't get some of them any more. Mine broke and I had to make my own. They were no longer available through a dealer. You might be able to get them on Ebay now though.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon May 26, 2014 11:42 am

Stanley wrote:I have a 35 Hp 2 cycle Evinrude stainless prop, I might sell, I think it is a 1997 I would have to find the paperwork for it. I do live a long ways from Northern Wisconsin though. Eastern central Iowa. I was thinking about selling the boat (16 ft flat bottom) and motor but would consider breaking it up. You could come down and fish for a day and check it out.

I found the paper work for the motor. It is a 1998 30 hp electric start short shaft. Model # E30TEECS. My bad for saying it was 35 hp. :oops: It also has a stump jumper guard on the lower unit. It was my son in laws motor and I traded him for it about 5 years ago. I'm leaning more on keeping it every day. I'm guessing you will find something closer anyway.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon May 26, 2014 1:30 pm

I assume it's tiller? That's a good motor and if you do decide to part with it please feel free to pm me a price.

Stanley
Honorary Moderator

Unread postby Stanley » Mon May 26, 2014 4:30 pm

Hodag Hunter wrote:I assume it's tiller? That's a good motor and if you do decide to part with it please feel free to pm me a price.

Yes it's a tiller I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and Pm it to you. I have to dig the boat out of the shed anyway, it's go time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed May 28, 2014 12:05 am

I'll offer you $4.99 more than Hodag and my wife!
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”