Wanted to buy GPS

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: Wanted to buy GPS

Unread postby Brad » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:10 pm

Get a free photobucket account. Once you upload a pic click on it and it will have links on the bottom, copy the "IMG" link, come here and paste it into the thread. That's all there is too it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:05 am

I was looking at the Oregon 450 and the new 64st. Both are nice. Which one is better?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
keb
500 Club

Unread postby keb » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:20 am

I've seen more stuff and reviews on that 64, but the Oregon is being discontinued and on amazon new and used in the 160 to 190 range. The hunt sd cards are another 75 to 100, I think they would be good to show western state private and public land boundaries.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 am

Cabelas has a $200 garmin that is waterproof for all you swamprats. Good reviews...gpsmaps62s.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:58 am

trapper57 wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:What is the big advantage of a GPS versus downloading a GPS app on your phone? It appears that maybe you can better mapping on a GPS? What price range does a guy need to be in to get a GPS to use the topo/arerial capabilities? I'd be interested to hear from guys that know about all this....if they could convince me I need to get a GPS (and what kind) versus just using Iphone apps.

Thanks.

I myself cant get phone coverage where I hunt.
The other reason would or could be is phone battery life.

You don't need phone coverage if you use an app like MyTrails that allows you to pre cash aerials and topo's for use with your phones gps function.

I put my phone into "airplane mode" to conserve power which will get me well over 3 hours of continuous use. You can also buy a small external battery pack that will double, triple or quadruple your battery time. They run $20-$50 depending on how much extra battery power you want. You just plug your phone into it while it's in your pocket to keep it charged up. They also have protective cases that have batteries built into them that clip/plug into iphones to increase battery life.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”