WTT Radio setup for my first hunting bow setup

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

duality1980

WTT Radio setup for my first hunting bow setup

Unread postby duality1980 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

Good Afternoon everyone!

My name is John, former active duty Marine Corps, and a disabled combat veteran who lives in Parker, Co. I have recently been gently guided in the direction of archery and hunting for therapeutic recovery/rehabilitation as a stress reliever and focal point for my life, and am interested to start anew in what looks to be a very rewarding and challenging interest. I am mobility impaired but have good upper body, and want to capitalize on my strengths through archery and bow hunting. With that being said, (and I hope I am posting in the right area as a new member), I am interested in trading some military/government style radios for a newer hunting bow setup. From the research and advice thus far, I have learned that the bow would preferably be a 28.5-29 inch draw length(i was measured to around 28.8 based on being 5'10 and my wingspan), and at least 60-65 #. I was hoping to obtain a setup with some sort of a case, hard preferably, with quiver, some arrows, and maybe a release. Something to start me off without having to purchase much else if possible. I am short on cash but have something I believe valuable and useful enough to offer in trade. What I have to offer is 3 Motorola Radius SP21s. All 3 work fine, and I have a 4th one which has intermittent issues, and can be used as a spare, or alternate. 3 good charging stands. 1 wall cable. 3 new batteries, already prepped per manufacturer specs. 2 older batteries around 90% capacity after I tested them. I even have 5 owner manuals that detail programming so you don't need a program on computer to alter the frequencies, really nice all inclusive package. Belt clips could use replacing but these are small enough to fit a pocket. Capable of voice activated transmission and 2 watts power great little radios, and very light. These are not the FRS radios you can buy from Radio Shack or Big5, so they definitely travel farther, and are ideal for use in mountains compared to other bands. With frequency in mind you are responsible for ensuring compliance of local and FCC regulations. The radios range anywhere from 300-500, and I am willing take a loss on radios for a complete archery setup. Beggars can't be choosers but less than a 5 year old setup is a plus, and any suggestions would be much appreciated. Message me for pictures.

Respectfully,
John Brode

Uncle Lou

Re: WTT Radio setup for my first hunting bow setup

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:50 am

Not really interested in the radios, but I gave an older Mathews to a friends son. I believe his son is now using his bow and he may be interested in the radios or he may be interested in doing what I did, give it away. I will check with him and get back to you.

Welcome to the site John and thank you for your sacrifice
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:04 am

We are looking for some radios for the security team at work... I will question the guy running the security team also. Not to sure about getting radios thru the mail without testing them 1st...
duality1980

Unread postby duality1980 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Let me know what you find out!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:59 pm

duality1980 wrote:Let me know what you find out!

Doesn't look like my work will buy/trade... Sorry.
C&T Archery
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ctarchery?ref=hl

Unread postby C&T Archery » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:58 am

John,
Do you have anything else to trade of value? I might be able to help you out with a set up.

Chad
http://www.ctarchery.com
email: sales@ctarchery.com

[glow=red]Farmers Insurance -- Chad Ratzburg Agency
FOR A FREE LOOK AT YOUR AUTO, HOME, ATV, BOAT, LIFE OR BUSINESS INSURANCE NEEDS. PM ME OR EMAIL ME
Email: cratzburg@farmersagent.com
[/glow]

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”