Wanted: Authentic Indian Arrowheads.

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
  • Advertisement

HB Store

The Rav

Wanted: Authentic Indian Arrowheads.

Unread postby The Rav » Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 am

I want to start a collection of authentic indian arrowheads, but there kind of hard to come by. And they can be pretty spendy too. I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone can give me some ideas as to where I might find some. I guess I really don't care what the cost would be, I just think it would be really cool to get my hands on some. Any ideas anybody?

Hillbilly

Re: Wanted: Authentic Indian Arrowheads.

Unread postby Hillbilly » Thu May 13, 2010 1:28 am

I have several that I have found in the mountains and along the local rivers. Most have piece's broken off them, but they are still relly neat to find. I personally would not sell them, but would be happy to send one to you to get your collection started. The area I live in is loaded with artifacts from the paleo and early woodland indian time periods.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu May 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Very cool of you Hillbilly! 8-)
The Rav

Unread postby The Rav » Thu May 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks Hillbilly! 8-) Thats really cool that you would do something like that. I will PM you shortly here. You've got me to wishing that I could find a place here in Minnesota where I could go and find some old Indian artifacts. In fact, I'm thinking about looking into finding places I might be able to find some along the banks of the Mississippi River. Here in MN. the Chippewa (Ojibwe) Indian Tribe has quite a rich heritage of history. I've always admired how the Indians lived and had such great respect for the land in which they lived off.
Hillbilly

Unread postby Hillbilly » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

I have been fortunate to find several things close to home. Some of the things I found were in the area we till for the garden at my wife's old homeplace. Lots of arrowheads and a few larger piece's that appear to be spearheads. I also have some pottery shards and even have a few musketballs that came from the same place.
The coolest of them all would be a stone grinder of some sort. It is about 13" long with a 2 1/2" diameter. It is tapered down to a round nose with the big end flat and a notch worn into it. I found it about 4ft deep in the ground while digging fence post holes. I was told by a local expert(?) that it was worth several hundred dollars. I gave it to a local state park where it is on display with other artifacts.
I find all of those things fascinating. They are small reminders of a way of life that is long past, but should never be forgotten. Send me that pm.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 am

Man law Hillbilly... 8-)
We want to see pictures!
Hillbilly

Unread postby Hillbilly » Fri May 14, 2010 11:36 am

dan wrote:Man law Hillbilly... 8-)
We want to see pictures!

:o Give me a day or two to dig some out. There is a whole display at the park that mostly consists of things I found. I have a pic of all of it.
The Rav

Unread postby The Rav » Fri May 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah Dude, That would be great to see some pics of the artifacts that you've picked up. 8-)
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon May 17, 2010 3:48 am

We find a couple every year not even looking. I will see what Dad did with them and see if I can't sen you some as well. Every year when the turn the ground over they are everywhere here. In the property behind my grandmothers house there are some burial mounds. The land owner made the mistake of calling Purdue university to verify that, that is what they are and they came down and cleaned house. I will PM you after I talk to Dad.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 am

You'd be suprised what you could find yourself if you do a little research and looking. Finding an artifact is really cool. I know a guy is southern Indiana who has a whole museum full of stuff, ax heads, spears, points, you name it. I know in one of the woods we hunt there is a mound but we never tried to dig anything up. We also find fire starters rocks in the creek. If you take a walk in a freshly plowed field after a rain a lot of times you will find arrowheads. Or, knapping your own can be a lot of fun, learning all of the different types and techniques.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Tue May 18, 2010 9:29 am

Name wouldn't happen to be Jim Rathburn would it?
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”