Anybody catching anything?

• Advertisement

HB Store

Little Hunt

Anybody catching anything?

Unread postby Little Hunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 am

Been trapping since the end of Oct. So far I got 1 coyote,30 muskrats,6 coon,2 mink and my first Weasel in a weasel box it sure is fun running a line, just wondering how anybody else is doing?not sure how 2 post pics I have to talk to my buddy Big Hunt.

BigHunt

Re: Anybody catching anything?

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:28 am

come over tonight and i can help you out 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 am

heres one of the yotes he got the other day ...
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 am

is fur at a good price now, or is trapping more for hobby? I have an interest in trying, but people tell me I'll be in the hole since I have to buy all the traps and the gas money I'd have to spend driving around cheching the traps?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:is fur at a good price now, or is trapping more for hobby? I have an interest in trying, but people tell me I'll be in the hole since I have to buy all the traps and the gas money I'd have to spend driving around cheching the traps?

i personaly think its a money hole ,with the gas and traps and every thing else you put into it.....you need hundreds of traps and multiple property's to trap to make any good money off it know a days.

i think my buddy just does it for the thrill and what little money he gets out of it. i Guss his buddy made over a grand last year trapping but that's a small figure comapired to what guys used to make off trapping in the past years ago....
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 am

Bow hunting is a money hole too................you gotta spend your money on something, might as well be on something you are passionate about ;)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:05 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Bow hunting is a money hole too................you gotta spend your money on something, might as well be on something you are passionate about ;)

i agree

:mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 am

BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:Bow hunting is a money hole too................you gotta spend your money on something, might as well be on something you are passionate about ;)

i agree

Are you getting any bow hunting in late season? If I remember right, you had some good action last year.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:31 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

i agree

Are you getting any bow hunting in late season? If I remember right, you had some good action last year.

i scouted today and found some good stuff..i plan on hunting later in the season close to closing the metro unit is open til 31st
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 am

BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

i agree

i scouted today and found some good stuff..i plan on hunting later in the season close to closing the metro unit is open til 31st

I'm getting the itch again to get out to the woods, haven't been out since muzzleloader season. Spent the last two Saturdays Christmas shopping with the wife, which will drive a guy crazy. Wish it would freeze, I've got new areas I need to check out.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

i agree

I'm getting the itch again to get out to the woods, haven't been out since muzzleloader season. Spent the last two Saturdays Christmas shopping with the wife, which will drive a guy crazy. [glow=red]Wish it would freeze, I've got new areas I need to check out.[/glow]

me too my freind ;) 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm

[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=DSCF2072.mp4[/bbvideo]

[bbvideo=425,350]http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/twlonewolf/?action=view&current=traviscoyotemovie.mp4[/bbvideo]
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
ub1243

Unread postby ub1243 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm

haven't started yet.
the skunk was trying to get into my chicken coop
the coon are being trapped 30 yards from my bedroom window.

another 4 weeks of deer season then i will start.
south jersey
Drop Tine Outdoor Realities
United Bowhunters of NJ
NJ Fur Harvesters
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 am

I agree. I was asking just as for monetary reasons, not for fun. just looking for another way to bring in some extra income.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:07 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:

I agree. I was asking just as for monetary reasons, not for fun. just looking [glow=red]for another way to bring in some extra income[/glow].

one thing i can tell you is you have to spend A LOT of money to get money from trapping ( traps, equipment, gas,) and you have to have multiple property's to trap. you cant just have one or two 40 acre farms and except to catch 50 coons 20 yotes, 10 fox, 100 muskrats if they dont hold those numbers... thats one thing to really think about if you want to get involved into trapping...if your family oriented and spend alot of time with the wife or family then trapping is definitely isnt not for you or for any one for that matter. my buddy gets off work and is checking his traps for about 3-4 hours before hes even home. :shock:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Trapping”