Still finding sheds in the middle of May

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Double Draw

Still finding sheds in the middle of May

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 pm

Was doing some scouting on some public. While there wasn't much elevation change on the property I chose the best looking place for a buck and it was spot on. Textbook beds on the leeward side just above a near cliff that looked down onto a stream about 20 yards below. There were rubs all around the 'main' bed one of which was at my shoulder height. Walked about 100 yards away from the beds and found this pair of sheds at the base of a tree. Not sure if they go to the buck in the beds but only my second complete set this year out of 15-20 shed finds.
May 16 Sheds.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: Still finding sheds in the middle of May

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri May 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Heck yea, nice find!
BackCoverBowHunter

Unread postby BackCoverBowHunter » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 am

That antler on the right is pretty interesting. Wonder what he will look like this year.
Extreme Effort Only
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Sat May 18, 2019 4:59 am

BackCoverBowHunter wrote:That antler on the right is pretty interesting. Wonder what he will look like this year.

I thought the same thing. No brow tine on the right but the left side has one. That right side is smaller than the left in every regard. It almost seems like the G2 was trying to split. They aren't very big, mass-wise so I don't think it is an older deer. Hopefully I can get my eyes on him later this summer just to see.
BackCoverBowHunter

Unread postby BackCoverBowHunter » Sat May 18, 2019 5:08 am

Double Draw wrote:
BackCoverBowHunter wrote:That antler on the right is pretty interesting. Wonder what he will look like this year.

I thought the same thing. No brow tine on the right but the left side has one. That right side is smaller than the left in every regard. It almost seems like the G2 was trying to split. They aren't very big, mass-wise so I don't think it is an older deer. Hopefully I can get my eyes on him later this summer just to see.

He may have had some kind of injury. You going to toss a camera out there and see if you can get some eyes on him in August?
Extreme Effort Only
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Sat May 18, 2019 9:36 am

BackCoverBowHunter wrote:
Double Draw wrote:

He may have had some kind of injury. You going to toss a camera out there and see if you can get some eyes on him in August?

I don't have enough cameras to put one there but I believe I can slip in on an observation scouting mission in a few months.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sun May 19, 2019 4:48 am

8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”