Today is my lucky day!! X2

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bigbucks1234

Re: Today is my lucky day!!

Unread postby bigbucks1234 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:24 am

Great finds!!!!!! Talk about finding a needle in a hay stack..... Sheds in the marsh is no easy task. Congrats!!!!

EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:01 am

Excellent
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:08 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:Man it sure could be the same buck. Beams thickened and lengthened, added a split....not too much different :think: :think: :think:

I was thinking the same.. I feel like I have an unusual/good eye for this stuff and I would say solid chance. Pretty cool!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 am

PredatorTC wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:Man it sure could be the same buck. Beams thickened and lengthened, added a split....not too much different :think: :think: :think:

I was thinking the same.. I feel like I have an unusual/good eye for this stuff and I would say solid chance. Pretty cool!

He basically only gained 15” in two years. I’m guessing 5 year old right now. He’s likely as big as he’s gonna get.

I’m with you guys the character in the rack was starting two years ago on the G2. Also look at the lopsided brow tines. Looks like they still carry that same feature. The outside spread is about the same just narrowed inside due to more mass and main beams got a bit longer.

muskieman

Re: Today is my lucky day!! X2

Unread postby muskieman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 am

Same buck....99% sure... awesome find!
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:12 am

Dewey wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

He basically only gained 15” in two years.

I’m with you guys the character in the rack was starting two years ago on the G2. Also look at the lopsided brow tines. Looks like they still carry that same feature. The outside spread is about the same just narrowed inside due to more mass.

Exactly. Tall left brow and shorter right brow on both that curves to the right slightly on both. Five main frame points on the left and four on the right on both. The g2s on the smaller one already show the blade aka potential for a split g2. I see it a lot where they don,t add much score from 2.5 to 4.5. But if you were measuring something like the water displacement of both sets, the difference would be a bit more impressive.

Here's a perfect example of a buck from the past. The left is 4.5 years old and the right one is 2.5 years old. In pics he looks similar both years. Hold both antlers and or measure by water displacement and its impressive.

Another thing is how the antlers dropped. I may be way out in left field with this one, but I have had some bucks where I pick up both sides very near to each-other each year. Then I have other bucks where I can only find one side or the other side is a long ways away or at least nowhere near. I feel like this is in the characteristic of the deer and how they shed and how they behave when they shed. The same bucks seem to do the same thing all too often in terms of dropping their antlers. Its a pattern I've just seen too many darn times for there not to be something to it.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:19 am

Very interesting Joe. 8-)

Just goes to show some bucks reach their full potential pretty quickly and don’t blow up in size year after year like many think.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:28 am

Dewey wrote:Very interesting Joe. 8-)

Just goes to show some bucks reach their full potential pretty quickly and don’t blow up in size year after year like many think.

Now go kill him! He's ripe for the picking! ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 am

PredatorTC wrote:

I could use a senile old buck. We likely have similar wits among us. :lol:

If I don’t kill him by the time I head to Iowa I will pass him off to Jackson Marsh. The buck will be dead for sure then. ;)
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:45 am

Dewey wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

I could use a senile old buck. We likely have similar wits among us. :lol:

If I don’t kill him by the time I head to Iowa I will pass him off to Jackson Marsh. The buck will be dead for sure then. ;)

:lol:
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Definitely the same buck. Congrats on the sheds Dewey! :clap:
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Sweet. 8-)

Same buck.

Finding those two sets was like finding a needle in a stack of needles.

PS - You can give me the coordinates after Iowa if you want him to live another year. :lol:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”