How to ask for permission to shed hunt

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

How to ask for permission to shed hunt

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Hey guys, I want to start looking in our local area for sheds where Ive seen bucks feeding lately. I know who owns the land in these spots yet I dont know them personally. This might be a stupid question but how do you guys go about asking permission to shed hunt someone elses land? Besides saying hey can I look for antlers on your land? Do any of you offer money for it? I can imagine if you are really blunt about it they would become suspicious and say no. So how do you go about asking without making it too obvious that you know there are big bucks on their land and you want the antlers?

Zap

Re: How to ask for permission to shed hunt

Unread postby Zap » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 pm

I have found it best to be honest and fairly direct.

" I have noticed alot of deer in one of your fields and was wondering if you would allow me to look that area over for any sheds that they have dropped, I like to collect these type of things".
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Haus86

Re: How to ask for permission to shed hunt

Unread postby Haus86 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:37 am

I'd be polite and go off of their personality. Depending on their personality you may want to be short and to the point, or you may want to have a conversation for awhile before asking. I wouldn't offer money. I know in my area a lot of people would be offended by it. I also always ask if i can "look" for shed antlers, and I don't say "hunt" shed antlers. You don't know unless you ask. Maybe you will eventually get permission to hunt. Good Luck!

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”