Whats in a shed hunters pack?

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Whats in a shed hunters pack?

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

I put together a check list of what I put in my pack for a day of sheddin.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gAn2-6P ... er&list=UL I also have a few tips i will post as the season goes on. Guys feel free to add what you want to help each other out improve our time sheddin.

Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
Bucky

Re: Whats in a shed hunters pack?

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Layered clothes, binoculars, water proof boots, saw in truck for dead heads, 2 sets of wicking socks = merino wool, 20+ ounces of water, and lots of time! I will also take a gps if walkn something that requires it and sun glasses if bright sun.

When walking try 2 keep the sun at your back if possible

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Hopefully at the end of the walk........sheds. :lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
moondoondude
500 Club

Unread postby moondoondude » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Nice video. Actually this year is the first year that I will be wearing a backpack. I have had some days where I had to head back to the car because my hands were full of antlers. This year I plan on doing about 4 water bottles and 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for 5 or 6 hour walks. I'm not going to have as much time during the week to walk so I will need to do some pretty long walks on the weekends. I could never make it that far or that long without going to the car last year because I wouldn't bring anything with me. I think toilet paper should go in that pack now that I think of it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”