Big Hunt - review on your ice fishing suit?

• Advertisement

HB Store

Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Big Hunt - review on your ice fishing suit?

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:59 am

for being an inexpensive suit, how do you like it. do you think it will be durable? I'm looking to invest and rather not spend over 400 bucks at Cabelas.

Dewey

Re: Big Hunt - review on your ice fishing suit?

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:50 pm

He's probably out testing it right now! ;)
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Arctic Armour... super warm... has padding where you need it... floats if you break through. I wore it in below zero temps for 12 hr/day ice fishing adventures in Ontario... never got cold.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:03 am

for many years I had ice armor that my mom got me for Christmas one year ( jacket and bibs) ! loved it! it wore out fast fishing 38 hours plus weekends :shifty: :shock: ice armor is over rated! you pay so much because of the name just like hunting industry. guys that have money have ice armor

so a little short on cash and in need of a new ice suit, I opted for a cheaper suit......

went on sportsmen's guide and found this ice suit.

so far im very impressed with the bibs and jacket! its like wearing a shanty :lol: ive got at over 30 hours of fishing on it already!

I was out last Friday in the wind and let me tell you it was COOOOOLD ( outside )....I was out of shanty fishing from hole to hole and was very comfortable

padded elbows , padded but and padded knees

300$ value for 175$ 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:11 am

Another option is to keep an eye on Fleet Farm at the end of the season. I picked bu the ice armor grey suit for $200 about 5 years back. Normally sells for $400+. I had a buddy get a similar deal a couple years ago. I've been real happy with the suit. If things are slow, I'll lie down on the ice and take a nap. Its that warm!

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:21 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:Another option is to keep an eye on Fleet Farm at the end of the season. I picked bu the ice armor grey suit for $200 about 5 years back. Normally sells for $400+. I had a buddy get a similar deal a couple years ago. I've been real happy with the suit. If things are slow, I'll lie down on the ice and take a nap. Its that warm!

the one in west bend is almost picked through ...only a few pair of bibs and one jacket left...I went there first to look but nothing

not sure about surrounding towns or city's
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:25 am

BigHunt wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:Another option is to keep an eye on Fleet Farm at the end of the season. I picked bu the ice armor grey suit for $200 about 5 years back. Normally sells for $400+. I had a buddy get a similar deal a couple years ago. I've been real happy with the suit. If things are slow, I'll lie down on the ice and take a nap. Its that warm!

the one in west bend is almost picked through ...only a few pair of bibs and one jacket left...I went there first to look but nothing

I ended up buying mine on their website. Purchase with my Fleet Farm card nearly yielded me another $25 gift card.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

I ended up buying mine on their website. Purchase with my Fleet Farm card nearly yielded me another $25 gift card.

full price?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:36 am

BigHunt wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

full price?

Sale price. I'd never pay full price. I'm too cheap!
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:41 am

I bought my Arctic Armour for $300 shipped

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:47 am

[quote="Bucky"]I bought my Arctic Armour for $300 shipped

[ Post made via Android ] Image[/quote

that's a good deal bucky

still to pricy for me
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Hilts

Unread postby Hilts » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:56 am

I have a striker float suit and it's one of the best clothing purchases I've ever made. There are deals to be had on the many float suits now available. With the many options now out there, I personally would consider anything without flotation a waste of money. Nobody ever plans on falling through the ice, but it can happen to anyone.

The float suits aren't much more expensive than a lot of them out there especially if you can find a sale. Just my 2 cents

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:50 am

I have strike masters suit and I've never been cold in it yet, other than hands and face. I've fished in 30 below windchills and as long as you turn your back to the wind your fine. I think I payed 300 for it in 2009. I've tried ice armor and found it to be basically about like a cathart bib and that don't cut it for me.

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:46 am

Brad wrote:I have strike masters suit and I've never been cold in it yet, other than hands and face. I've fished in 30 below windchills and as long as you turn your back to the wind your fine. I think I payed 300 for it in 2009. I've tried ice armor and found it to be basically about like a cathart bib and that don't cut it for me.

Ice Armour is junk IMO

Arctic Armour is legit
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:47 am

Brad wrote:I have strike masters suit and I've never been cold in it yet, other than hands and face. I've fished in 30 below windchills and as long as you turn your back to the wind your fine. I think I payed 300 for it in 2009. I've tried ice armor and found it to be basically about like a cathart bib and that don't cut it for me.

I wore my buddy's strike master suit for a day ......needless to say I was not impressed. I felt like the kid from the Christmas story :lol: , really stiff :shock: I like to be able to move

to each there own though 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”