Early ice action

• Advertisement

HB Store

whitetail007
500 Club

Re: Early ice action

Unread postby whitetail007 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:10 am

Darin wrote:
magicman54494 wrote:I was out yesterday tip up fishing for northerns. We got skunked! I had a great time catching up with an old friend so it was a great day - much more fun than working!

Skunked day on the ice is better than your best day at work 8-)

thats a fact!

I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Chris Conroy
500 Club

Re: Early ice action

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:37 am

Darin wrote:
Chris Conroy wrote:Was out this afternoon for a little while on a small pond in Waukesha County. There was between 3.5 - 4.5 inches of ice everywhere we checked. We caught 4 largemouth in 2 hours. Not bad for our first trip out this season.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I love getting largies thru the ice! Do you eat them? Bass fillets, lightly salted and peppered with eggs and hash browns for breakfast has got to be one of my favorites!

We didn't keep any yesterday because we fished a small pond that isn't stocked. Quite a few people fish it in the summer and a lot of them keep everything over 14". We get a lot of bass over 19" out of there, but release every one. We take a couple of pictures and put them back down the hole. There are a few other lakes nearby that are harder to get to public spots and we will keep fish from them. I think we try just as hard to get into secluded fishing areas as we do hunting spots. If anyone wants a few good bass fishing spots in Waukesha County just let me know. You'd be surprised at where they are, right out in plain sight but no one even tries them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”