CUSTOM PAINTED DO-JIGGERS!

• Advertisement

HB Store

swamp-assassin
500 Club

CUSTOM PAINTED DO-JIGGERS!

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 am

custom painted do-jiggers for sale CHEAP at northwoods wholesale....i mean cheap too...best part is...the back of the spoon is gold!!! these may be the hottest sexiest spoons i have seen!!! the pink clown is awesome!!! glows too!

"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
ompaathao

Re: CUSTOM PAINTED DO-JIGGERS!

Unread postby ompaathao » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:33 am

Not a fan of do-jiggers but swedish pimples I am...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 pm

do jiggers require a little bit of technique and practice to get it to flutter right...otherwise it aint much different than another spoon...if the fish are real aggressive i just use a jigging rap...but when they are neutral, the fluttering from a do-jigger can really make them interested.
"Youll take my guns when you pry them out of my cold dead hands, with the bolts locked back, the barrels smoking and a pile of empty brass and magazines at my feet." Image
ompaathao

Unread postby ompaathao » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks.. I have to try them out.. One lure I think is awesome for ice fishing is the Lil Cecile..

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Are you guys using these for walleyes? I've never done much jigging for walleyes. I don't know how to find and set up on them. Kind of like hunting whitetails too, seems like your chances of catching eyes are fishing bodies of water with good population of them. I don't spend much time fishing areas that have many walleyes. I am learning something though being an on looker on all these fishing posts. I mainly ice fish for gills.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
ompaathao

Unread postby ompaathao » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

I too never target walleyes.. We always go for crappies.. And then get the mixed bag of everything else..

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:48 pm

ompaathao wrote:Not a fan of do-jiggers but swedish pimples I am...

Jake likes swedish pimples too! :mrgreen:

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:22 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:Are you guys using these for walleyes? I've never done much jigging for walleyes. I don't know how to find and set up on them. Kind of like hunting whitetails too, seems like your chances of catching eyes are fishing bodies of water with good population of them. I don't spend much time fishing areas that have many walleyes. I am learning something though being an on looker on all these fishing posts. I mainly ice fish for gills.

yes i use do-jiggers for eyes...i exclusivley fish walleyes, my go to lure being a #7 jigging rap...if i run into a school of perch i keep them to give to my grandmother...believe it or not the perch love the #9 jigging rap...dont know why, they cant fit the thing in their mouth, but they sure do hammer it...
yes you really have to target bodies of water that have good walleyes in order to really get into them...otherwise its not really worth it..i like larger bodies of water myself...
the similarities between walleyes and whitetails that i find are basically that they both move along funnels....a deer will use a funnel such as a bottleneck where say two lines of timber intersect surrounding by cropfields or whatever..well walleyes are very similar in how they use structure..i would not be able to fish walleyes without a contour map...you need to find those spots and when you find them, find a spot on that spot...kinda like a hot rut funnel that all the deer are moving through....i have a couple of those spots on lakes in northern minnesota where you catch fish every night...one of them is an inside turn where the shoreline break meets a point that has a shallow bar running across the entire lake...kinda like the edge of a bowl...walleyes from both directions end up converging at this turn of the breakline.....that lake shall remain nameless in case i go back to visit my mother in law ;) the other spot is on lake winnibioshish..its big water so your chances of finding it are slim unless your me ;) ...the best icefishing of my life happens on this spot...every time i fished it i limited out in a half hour at sundown...its where two large humps that top out at 15 feet are surrounded by water that drops down to 35 feet...there is a narrow strip about 50 yards wide and 75 yards longthat connects the two humps...i call it "cleavage"! :lol: :lol:
if you are able to set up on spots like that, it doesnt so much matter how your technique comes into play...just drop down a spoon and let it stop about 5 feet off bottom and fish shoot up and grab it..no jigging required 8-) ..after your 2nd fish a flag will pop and its game on for about a half hour...every time i went it was a half hour workout of running around pulling up fish...heaven must be something like that
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:38 am

Never really tried the do jigger but that swedish pimple will take anything that swims. I love it for aggressive crappies and even got a walleye last year on one in the middle of the day.
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:15 am

Interesting looking bait. I've always used buckshot rattle spoons and swedish pimples. Sometimes a jigging rap but I've never been on fish aggressive enough to really get those to work well. Interesting thoughts on using contours to your advantage as well. Many of the lakes we fish, such as Poygan or parts of LOW, have big expanses of flats. In those times we usually just drill a bunch of holes at different depths and move around till we find fish. One thing I've noticed, and I don't have enough experience to completely understand it, is that sometimes you'll find fish, but they'll be extremely inactive and tough to catch. Then you'll move, and fish could be extremely aggressive. I don't know however whether or not all the fish happen to turn on at once, or if active fish just school separately from the inactive fish. In LOW last few days the fish would get lockjaw between 11-2 everyday in 24'. Then we moved to 29' and slayed em during that same time period.
swamp-assassin
500 Club

Unread postby swamp-assassin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

bowhunter15 wrote:Interesting looking bait. I've always used buckshot rattle spoons and swedish pimples. Sometimes a jigging rap but I've never been on fish aggressive enough to really get those to work well. Interesting thoughts on using contours to your advantage as well. Many of the lakes we fish, such as Poygan or parts of LOW, have big expanses of flats. In those times we usually just drill a bunch of holes at different depths and move around till we find fish. One thing I've noticed, and I don't have enough experience to completely understand it, is that sometimes you'll find fish, but they'll be extremely inactive and tough to catch. Then you'll move, and fish could be extremely aggressive. I don't know however whether or not all the fish happen to turn on at once, or if active fish just school separately from the inactive fish. In LOW last few days the fish would get lockjaw between 11-2 everyday in 24'. Then we moved to 29' and slayed em during that same time period.

never fished poygan...but spent alot of time up on low and upper red...red lake has no structure...its either wait for an active school to move in or run and gun...low has structure but at the same time it has alot of "featureless" basins.. depends on where you go off..if you go off out of Warroad, then your fishing more structure...if you go off Baudette then your pretty much on a basin bite it seems like or like you said just looking for that magic depth...very different than little bay de noc and other bodies of water with alot of structure where your location is the difference between a limit and a goose egg.

• Advertisement

Return to “Ice Fishing”