Small Game opener in MI today

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Small Game opener in MI today

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Went and got me a pile of tags tonight on the way home from the airport. Heading out tomorrow morning for coyotes, also put a turkey tag in the wallet, and a small game. I don't do a lot of small game hunting anymore, but with little huntress Ellie coming along with her pink 22, I figured I better get a small game myself, she got hers this spring before turkey season with the new Michigan Mentored youth hunt tags. For $7.50 she got 2 turkey tags, spring and fall, two deer tags, a fishing lic., and a small game. Today I got four tags to take advantage of buy four tags and get a 15% discount on the batch. So I bought a fall turkey, a leftover public land antlerless for around here, a small game, and a furbearers.

Bonecrusher will be sporting a 223. I'll have the bruiser single shot 3 and 1/2 inch single shot. Heck might throw the 22 in and try to shoot a squirrel or so. After a long week in downtown Atlanta I am looking forward to some country time with some guns.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
kenn1320
500 Club

Re: Small Game opener in MI today

Unread postby kenn1320 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:45 am

Sounds great Lou, take pics and keep us updated on how things are going. Is Ellie going to deer hunt this year?
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:59 am

No squirrels but three crows took some fire. One dropped, one provided some feathers, and one was scared real bad. Scott videod a little of it, but some potty mouth dropped a censored word. Hate misses.

As far as Ellie hunting deer, I keep asking her and she keeps saying she doesn't know. I don't want to push her. Youth hunt is this coming weekend and I may even be out of town. So we'll see. But if she does you can be certain I will put something up in the deer forum.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:24 am

Uncle Lou wrote:...For $7.50 she got 2 turkey tags, spring and fall, two deer tags, a fishing lic., and a small game...

Holy smokes. :shock: I didn't realize they gave kids that big a break. That's cool. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Go get 'em
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”