bob cat

Small Game Hunting, Stories and Pictures
  • Advertisement

HB Store

natvbearhntr
500 Club

bob cat

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:26 am

Yesterday after work I decided to take a ride around just to calm down after a rough day. as I was coming down an old dirt road I peaked a hill and about 50 yards up was a bob cat. I have never seen one this close before, I got within about 30 yard before it ran off the road, and I couldn't believe how bit it was. I actually thought it was large dog before I realized it had no tail and it had a cats head. I didn't see if for very long but I am pretty sure I seen a very large bob cat.

Hilts

Re: bob cat

Unread postby Hilts » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:43 am

It's a rare thing to get a look at one. They are a cool critter.

I was told by someone that there was less than 100 tags available to the public this year. Haven't been able to find anything to back that up though.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 am

Cool!! I've only seen 1 while hunting. My brother had a tag that year 2002 and whacked him bowhunting for deer 2 weeks later. Got a full mount done. My dad shot one bowhunting back in 1993 and got a rug made. There must be enough of them around because they say they really raise heck with the newborn fawns...That was back when you could get a tag every other year or third year.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:37 am

I was actually really surprised to see it. I am still playing it back in my head trying to remember all the details in such a short time that I seen it.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:21 am

I saw one about 7 years ago. I was bowhunting, and he came strolling by I thought it was a feral cat till he got closer and I could see the bob tail, and markings of a Bobcat. I think it was a younger one. Pretty cool though.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:54 am

We usually see 2-3 a year here while huntin. I've gotten several trail cam pics of them. Pretty cool creature.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 am

That's an animal on my "to do" list!

Cool...
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:17 am

We have bobcats down here. One morning during a muzzy hunt, a bobcat was chasing a rabbit under my stand. I hissed at it. The bobcat stopped and looked up and the rabbit ran away before the bobcat could see which way it went. Oh well lost meal.

Later that evening the momma cat came out and she had 2 yearling cats with her. One decided to act up and she went over and smacked it on the forehead. It paid attention after that.

:lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Other Critters”