Where to go? Who has input?

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEmnBowHunter
Facebook: Collin Slogmaster Giles

Where to go? Who has input?

Unread postby SEmnBowHunter » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:49 am

I know a lot of guys have been elk hunting all over, and mainly on a do it yourself hunt. Shooting a bull on a do it yourself hunt with my bow is my dream hunt. But before I make my trip, I'd like to get my dad a bull. It's been his dream to shoot and elk and he's not getting any younger. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good outfitters and a place he can go. He's not the most mobile guy anymore, he's had 2 hip replacements and 2 knee replacements. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced guys!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: Where to go? Who has input?

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:19 am

rokslide is a western version of hunting beast and might get you some good info.

Are you an RMEF member? I joined and help with the organization locally. That has been my way of networking in case the opportunity ever comes up . I hate to sound like an advertisement but a recent email had a great deal...A $500 dollar donation will give you a big supply of needed elk gear; $300 frame pack, calls, knife, $50 gift card to Cabelas. It is a VERY generous deal. Great organization.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: Where to go? Who has input?

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:37 am

Talk to the guys at Hunttalk forum. They are pretty helpful. I have been wanting to do a mule deer/ antelope hunt and they have got me on the right track to make that happen in a few years when I get enough points together.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”