External vs. Internal frame

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mittenm

Re: External vs. Internal frame

Unread postby mittenm » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:10 am

Almost all of the internal frame packs are noisy and can't be used well as hunting day packs . I use the Bison gear Elk Hunter wool day back and just lash it on to the pack frame with other gear including tent, bag food etc. Once camp is set up I'm good to go hunting.

Works great for whitetail after the elk season.

Mike

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 am

Awesome pic Mike! That wool looks quiet. Is it waterproof or do you use a waterproof pack cover if it rains? And do you almost always set a base camp and hunt with the daypack or sometimes keep the whole frame on you at all times for ultimate mobility. My elk trip is close at hand now. Making the final preparations before taking off next Thursday.
mittenm

Unread postby mittenm » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:54 am

I set a base camp. The frame is two noisy to hunt with. Some times for elk I carry a second bag ( 1.5 pound down ) and a light tarp so I can stay on the elk overnight should I find them a distance from my base camp.

The wool pack is not water proof. Not sure of any hunting quiet daypacks that are water proof. I wrap my video camera and extral cloths in light plastic bag in my pack. Good luck. Mike

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”