Spear hunting in Africa?

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: Spear hunting in Africa?

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:10 pm

now THAT is making a drive!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Crazy.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 am

Almost tough to watch. Those guys are NOT sportsmen LMAO!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 am

GRFox wrote:Almost tough to watch. Those guys are NOT sportsmen LMAO!

It don't look much different than the guys around here driving deer with guns...
It makes a guy really wonder about guys afraid of cape buffalo, hippo's, and bull elephants when these guys run up and stick em with a spear! I wonder how many of them get killed a year hunting!
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:03 pm

dan wrote:

It don't look much different than the guys around here driving deer with guns...
It makes a guy really wonder about guys afraid of cape buffalo, hippo's, and bull elephants when these guys run up and stick em with a spear! I wonder how many of them get killed a year hunting!

A gun is a lot faster than a spear though, some of those animals were clearly suffering because the spears were not hitting immediately fatal spots. I know the same thing can happen with bowhunting, but I think more of their spears missed the mark then connected. I agree it was kind of tough to watch. I imagine they were not hunting those animals for sport though, I think from the looks of it (the guys were fighting), I think that may be their only source of food.
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 am

Brad Lamont wrote:
dan wrote:

A gun is a lot faster than a spear though, some of those animals were clearly suffering because the spears were not hitting immediately fatal spots. I know the same thing can happen with bowhunting, but I think more of their spears missed the mark then connected. I agree it was kind of tough to watch. I imagine they were not hunting those animals for sport though, I think from the looks of it (the guys were fighting), I think that may be their only source of food.

I agree with both of you, my comment was more sarcastic then it was serious. Thise guys need to eat and im sure there is no Shop Right or A&P out there in the bush. LOL

iamyourhuckleberry

Unread postby iamyourhuckleberry » Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 am

Dan,

Those are scenes from a 1966 Italian documentary called "Africa Addio", or Farewell Africa. It is believed that many of the scenes in this film were staged, to shed a bad light on Africa during its post colonial period. I can assure you, Africans do not hunt like that, at least not in the hordes as depicted-nor with the anarchy. Snares are perferred or spears, AKs over spears, etc. I'm not saying that spears are not employed, but this is a little far fetched.

Don't believe everything you see.
"No one had ever asked what it feels like to be me. Once I told the truth about that, I felt free. I got to thinking about all the people I know, and the things I’ve seen and done. I can start flying now."-unknown

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”