Anybody watch MeatEater on Sportsman Channel?

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Anybody watch MeatEater on Sportsman Channel?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 pm

I watched a few episodes and the guy on the show does some pretty extreme hunts. Seems like a pretty good show so far.

http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/comm ... n-rinella/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Dewey

Re: Anybody watch MeatEater on Sportsman Channel?

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Anybody??
Curious what some of you think about this show. I think it is much better than others and I really enjoy his style of hunting.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
utica19

Unread postby utica19 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:32 am

Dewey, I have it DVR'd, but haven't had time to see it yet. I am looking forward to it, though. I've grown tired of the typical shows of "Big buck killing @ Gip Job Outfitters". etc...lame. I learn nothing. Ill post my thoughts on Meat Eater when I view it.

[ Post made via BlackBerry Curve ] Image
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 am

I like it. It's a different type of show. He is not a trophy hunter and he will say that on the show. It more real world type of hunting too, no guides, just him and what he needs to get by. Plus he seems to be a cool guy.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I like it, watch it with my son. The guy on there does a good job and will actually show when he misses. He alsio feed his family with what he shoots!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 am

I read Steve Rinella's "Meat Eater" book last week and it is fantastic. He's a great writer and very funny. That book is full of his trapping, hunting, and fishing stories from the time he was young, until now. He gives no apologies for being an American hunter. I'm halfway through his "American Buffalo" book where he kills a wild Buffalo near the Copper River / Wrangell mountains in AK. I've been up there with an AK resident dip netting (I couldn't actually do any netting - just observe) and camped and enjoyed the long summer days. With regard to Rinella's AK buffalo hunt, he had about a 2% chance of drawing a tag... once he got a tag he had about 20% chance of success. But he hunted hard and had a successful hunt. Both books are fantastic. "American Buffalo" is packed full of the history of the various types of Buffalo... it's not just about his hunt. Awesome.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:39 pm

bigwoodsmn wrote:I read Steve Rinella's "Meat Eater" book last week and it is fantastic. He's a great writer and very funny. That book is full of his trapping, hunting, and fishing stories from the time he was young, until now. He gives no apologies for being an American hunter. I'm halfway through his "American Buffalo" book where he kills a wild Buffalo near the Copper River / Wrangell mountains in AK. I've been up there with an AK resident dip netting (I couldn't actually do any netting - just observe) and camped and enjoyed the long summer days. With regard to Rinella's AK buffalo hunt, he had about a 2% chance of drawing a tag... once he got a tag he had about 20% chance of success. But he hunted hard and had a successful hunt. Both books are fantastic. "American Buffalo" is packed full of the history of the various types of Buffalo... it's not just about his hunt. Awesome.

I read "Me, Myself, and Ribeye" - Rinella's trip to Argentina to find the perfect Argentinian beef:
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/Me--Myself--and-Ribeye.html

Video on how the Argentinian's BBQ - quite a bit different than how we might do it in the US.
http://www.outsideonline.com/featured-videos/fitness-videos/nutrition/Argentina-Barbecue.html
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 pm

sounds like a cool show.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Scot
500 Club

Unread postby Scot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:26 am

The show is excellent and his writing is even better.

bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:43 am

Scot wrote:The show is excellent and his writing is even better.

I haven't seen the show but I agree - he is an excellent writer :clap:
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Love the show from the few times I've watched It so far. Reminds me of a mountain man back In the old days. Them were my kind of days. I'd go back In time If I could.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 am

I don't have cable... :mrgreen:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 am

I did not watch it.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
bblefty

Unread postby bblefty » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Although whitetail hunting is my favorite. I FREAKIN LOVE MEATEATER! I have read all of Steven Rinella's books. For anyone interested: the Guide to haute cuisine is much better than American buffalo. American hunter is definitely the best. I just wish I had the outdoor channel. It takes me months to see an episode although I check out their site every day.

Makes me want to take on some DIY hunts.

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”