colorado mountain lion hunt

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Re: colorado mountain lion hunt

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:25 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I am jealous! I cant wait to see pictures and hear the story!!!!

Me too! Congratulations!!! 8-)

"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:58 am

Pics????????????? :L:
g5nz
Facebook: Ziegler_nick@yahoo.com

Unread postby g5nz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 am

Shot my cat on day one of the hunt. Hunting with cat track outfitters in collbran colorado. The outfitter cut the track thbe night before so we had a good idea as to were he was. We started at 3 am looking for his tracks across the roads but cudnt find a thing so we new he was still were he was the day before. We went to that spot and founf a fresh kill of a 4x4 mule deer and released the hounds on his track. We started the dogs at 8am. The dogs began the chase that went on all day and for about 10 miles which is suprising sense he had a full stomach. We cud never quite get in front of the lion as he ran throught the entire canyon and up and down the mountain. We were about ready to give up whe we herd pete (the outfitters bay dog) unleash. We quickly made it halfway down the mountain to find the cat in a huge hole. We tried smoking him out but he wudnt bugde. The outfitter looked and asked what I wanted to do and I told um I guess ill just get in the hole with him and try to get a shot. After goin over the game plan they lowered me down and in as I tried to keep a rock infront so he cudnt see me. The guides son told me were he was at so I cocked the hammer and popped over the rock with the lion just on the other side...fired 3 shots and got outa there..took one more shot to kill him...after we cudnt hear him anymore we went down and found him laying dead. The tom ended up weighting 150 or 160 and is pushing a boone and crocket skull...it was the bigest adrenaline rush I have ever experienced...ill post pics when i get home

[ Post made via Android ] Image
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:56 am

g5nz wrote:Shot my cat on day one of the hunt. Hunting with cat track outfitters in collbran colorado. The outfitter cut the track thbe night before so we had a good idea as to were he was. We started at 3 am looking for his tracks across the roads but cudnt find a thing so we new he was still were he was the day before. We went to that spot and founf a fresh kill of a 4x4 mule deer and released the hounds on his track. We started the dogs at 8am. The dogs began the chase that went on all day and for about 10 miles which is suprising sense he had a full stomach. We cud never quite get in front of the lion as he ran throught the entire canyon and up and down the mountain. We were about ready to give up whe we herd pete (the outfitters bay dog) unleash. We quickly made it halfway down the mountain to find the cat in a huge hole. We tried smoking him out but he wudnt bugde. The outfitter looked and asked what I wanted to do and I told um I guess ill just get in the hole with him and try to get a shot. After goin over the game plan they lowered me down and in as I tried to keep a rock infront so he cudnt see me. The guides son told me were he was at so I cocked the hammer and popped over the rock with the lion just on the other side...fired 3 shots and got outa there..took one more shot to kill him...after we cudnt hear him anymore we went down and found him laying dead. The tom ended up weighting 150 or 160 and is pushing a boone and crocket skull...it was the bigest adrenaline rush I have ever experienced...ill post pics when i get home

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sounds like a huge adrenaline rush going in the hole to get the cat! Can't wait to see pics and congrats!
Hilts

Unread postby Hilts » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:25 am

And people think I'm crazy for some of the things I've done bear hunting :shock: . That's nuts... but it sounds awesome :)
g5nz

Unread postby g5nz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Here are the pictures of Him
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 pm

That is one big cat!! :shock:
Congrats on what had to be the adrenaline rush of your life!!
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:36 pm

You told us you was bow hunting, what's your archery set?
Anyway cool story! That was fantastics moments! :dance:
"Huntingly",
L-H

g5nz

Unread postby g5nz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:55 am

I wanted to get him with my g5 smoke bow, but ended up getting him with a taurus tracker 357 mag...no way im guna go into a hole with just the bow
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:58 am

WOW!! what an awesome story and cat! The outfitter didnt mind sending you in there?
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:17 am

WOW COOL MAN CONGRATS......this is definitely one of my dream hunts
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:37 am

:o wow that thing is huge! That must have been incredable :D

U.P. MAN wrote: The outfitter didnt mind sending you in there?

Myself and a few of Nicks other co-worker's told the outfitter that we didn't mind if he sent Nick into a hole where his life was being threatened :lol: jk!
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:51 am

g5nz wrote:I wanted to get him with my g5 smoke bow, but ended up getting him with a taurus tracker 357 mag...no way im guna go into a hole with just the bow

Is what I was thinking too... 8-)
"Huntingly",
L-H

BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:44 am

thats awesome great story and pics congrats!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
g5nz

Unread postby g5nz » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm

This outfitter also does elk, mule deer, and bear hunts, im planning on going back in a year or two for an elk. I have never met an outfitter who will work so hard to get you your animal. He has yet to sent a lion hunter home without their lion, and many of them will make either pope and young or boone and crocket

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”