colorado mountain lion hunt

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

g5nz
Facebook: Ziegler_nick@yahoo.com

Re: colorado mountain lion hunt

Unread postby g5nz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 am

The skull is currently at the taxidermist...its 3 hours away from my house so when my brothers bear is done will run up and see id they hav my skull finished up and measure it

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Great sidebar guys. I was elk hunting in Idaho in 06 and also purchased a mtn lion tag for $30. Apparently they were plentiful in the area I was hunting and the Id game and fish wanted to thin them.

I was staying at a friends cabin in Dixie, and the neighbor was a nearly 80 year old man, named Orville (I will never forget him, awesome hunter and story teller). Anyway he told a story where he was sitting up against a tree years back cow calling during elk season. A big cat appeared on the other side of the tree, and when the cat saw Orville and not a cow elk it turned and left. Apparently the cat had a taste for a delicious fat cow, not a skinny two legged predator. But Orville admits he would have been cat turd before he could have put his rifle on it.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Stump

Unread postby Stump » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 am

What a crazy hunt! Not sure I would've had it in me to head down that hole. lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”