Canada Fly-in

• Advertisement

HB Store

Goober

Canada Fly-in

Unread postby Goober » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:55 am

So I am getting married in September, which I am learning means lots of sacrafices. Now comes the first sacrafice allready. When I suggested for a honeymoon that we could go archery elk hunting, I got turned down cold. My (soon-to-be) wife over-ruled me and said that we should go on a fly-in to Canada in the spring. So, not having many options, I guess that is what I will have to do. Never having done a fly-in, any one have any experiences to share or advice? I could use the help, and maybe some sympathy from fellow Beasts for having to make such great sacrafices so early in the marraige. Thanks! ;)

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Canada Fly-in

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am

Advice: Combine a spring bear hunt with the fishing! Ontario don't allow spring bear, pick a different Provence. :lol: ;)
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Dan, I will have to see about that. I am not sure how many sacrafices I can make :D
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 am

I did a fly in about 10 years ago, and I have to say, I was never so spoiled in my whole life...... It was unbelievable ! I have never caught that many 20" walleye's in my life... I'm not really a walleye fisherman, but even I was catching them like crazy.... We had stretches where the jig would not even hit the bottom and we had fish on !

You will absolutely love it !

I'm getting married next June, so I to, will find out about sacrafices ! ;)
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:58 am

on top of making me go to canada for a honeymoon, now she is trying to call first crack at a slob 11 pointer I scouted last week on a ridge top meadow at my parents farm! And she tried to tell me that she has the "exclusive rights" to her dad's farm in Central WI this year, at least until she shoots a buck! What is a guy to do? :)
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:17 am

Heck.....I would get rid of her.

Can you post her phone number? :lol:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:29 am

dreaming bucks wrote:I did a fly in about 10 years ago, and I have to say, I was never so spoiled in my whole life...... It was unbelievable ! I have never caught that many 20" walleye's in my life... I'm not really a walleye fisherman, but even I was catching them like crazy.... We had stretches where the jig would not even hit the bottom and we had fish on !

You will absolutely love it !

;)

I agree. My Dad and I did a fly-in back in 2008 out of Red Lake. It was by far the coolest trip we have ever been on and memories we will carry with us the rest of our life. We never caught a walleye under 18" and each averaged at least 75 fish/day without even trying. At one point I caught a walleye or northern on 35 consecutive casts! :shock: There is nothing better tasting than walleye fresh right from a crystal clear Canadian Shield lake. I love being dropped of at an outpost camp by float plane on your own private lake without seeing any other people for a whole week.

We stayed with Big Hook Wilderness Camps http://www.bighookcamps.com/
Check them out. I promise you will not be disappointed. We were on Southwest Lake.

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”