Spent 3 days riding around with the Bassmaster Elite Series.

• Advertisement

HB Store

basspro05
500 Club

Spent 3 days riding around with the Bassmaster Elite Series.

Unread postby basspro05 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 am

Hunting deer is my second passion behind bass fishing. I got to live a dream this past week on Table Rock lake for the Bassmasters Elite Series tournament.

I signed up for the BASS marshall program, you basically pay $125 and get to ride with a pro and be a tournament official...it was the best $125 I have ever spent on bass fishing. I can not believe how much I learned riding around with 3 different pros on the first 3 days of the tournament.

If you are a Nascar fan, its like riding in the passenger seat of your favorite driver for a whole race.

If you are a bass fisherman and have the chance to do this, I highly recommend it!

Bucky

Re: Spent 3 days riding around with the Bassmaster Elite Ser

Unread postby Bucky » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 am

basspro05 wrote:Hunting deer is my second passion behind bass fishing. I got to live a dream this past week on Table Rock lake for the Bassmasters Elite Series tournament.

I signed up for the BASS marshall program, you basically pay $125 and get to ride with a pro and be a tournament official...it was the best $125 I have ever spent on bass fishing. I can not believe how much I learned riding around with 3 different pros on the first 3 days of the tournament.

If you are a Nascar fan, its like riding in the passenger seat of your favorite driver for a whole race.

If you are a bass fisherman and have the chance to do this, I highly recommend it!

Sounds like a lot of fun. It is amazing how much you can learn from a pro fishing just a few days on certain body of water. The great part is the patterns tend to be similar year to year for fishing
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:48 pm

What were the main things you all learned?
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Who did you ride along with? Sounds like a great opportunity!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:12 pm

The main thing I learned was to spend your time only targeting the depths you have found fish at. I have always known that, but I still make casts to other depths in anticipation of catching fish. These guys targeted fish in 8-12 ft of water...they didnt waste time casting to any water deeper or shallower...just a much deeper level of focus from these guys.
Day 1: Terry Scroggins
Day 2: Keith Poche
Day 3: Greg Hackney

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”